Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my view on the ruling test

+6
NerverMind
ThunderChidori
Thought
~Luvi
The Yah man
Alex401k
10 posters

Go down

my view on the ruling test Empty my view on the ruling test

Post by Alex401k Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:07 am

OK guys it appears no one either cares or sees what I'm saying I need more help with ruling test someone to help me study for it because one I'm not tourney level and two partly because of my disability my brain processes slower then most that's why I have trouble with test no matter what or how thy are and how can I know if I don't know what its overTEACH WHATS ON THE TEST HELLO sorry but my point stands if it teach what's on the test we might be able to pass we can't be expected to know the answers on it because the test is randomized so we won't know what's not till we take but if we had some warning as to what was we might pass because we will know what to study for now that makes sense
Alex401k
Alex401k
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 66

Back to top Go down

my view on the ruling test Empty Re: my view on the ruling test

Post by The Yah man Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:44 am

Lemme tell you something,unlike many other subjects ruling tests in yugioh are mostly build on mechanics and card interpretation,meaning that there can be 2 different questions with the same results (with the change of names,ofcourse) these rulings,mechanics and card interpretation needs to be studied now if you want to get better at rulings i suggest you read Eatos's articles. They explain simple game mechanics,card interpretations and many others so i suggest you give these a go and then after you read AND study them take sample ruling tests online and you can find them pretty much everywhere on Google Smile (hope i helped)
The Yah man
The Yah man
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 908
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex401k Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:01 am

Ok I get most of his but my point stands the test is randomized so I won't know what's on it till I take it so how will I know his articals will help if I don't know what is on it so I won't know what I'm studying or if it will even help at times

Last edited by Alex401k on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Alex401k
Alex401k
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:10 pm

If we teach the already simple questions, it will unfairly boost grades. You aren't doing well? You aren't trying; especially when D.D. Eatos has ruling articles on this website, most answers which can be figured out from them.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:36 pm

I'd just like to point out right now that there is nothing on that test that a duelist with average experience and knowledge in that game shouldn't be able to at least have a shot at. We didn't design this test just for Obelisks who have been playing this game for 5 years. Every ruling in that test is based on general knowledge of the game that everyone NEEDS to have, because they're quite commonly seen. I've taken the ruling test before, I've administered the ruling test countless times...so yes, I do know what questions are on it.

If you don't even have the basic knowledge of the game, you're not supposed to be in Ra or Obelisk. We want to know how good you are BEFORE you start cramming all that knowledge in our academy. Academies are for you to get better, and you're not supposed to use this place to your advantage before proving your skill. If you don't know the rulings before entering this academy, well, then you're stuck with Slifer. That's when you start reading the articles and such, so you can get better at the game, and hopefully strike that Ra when you buy your retest.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:07 pm

rulings are an important part of the game
a person that doesn't know rulings is more likely to get rule sharked... knowing rulings makes you a more independent player
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex401k Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:56 pm

ok the articals are worded to the point where its harder for me then most to understasnd my mind is slower in terms of processing info my mind needs a better easier explaination to understand like priority is basically waiting for a resoponse from your aponent ok that i get i just need the articials explained better for my mind to process
Alex401k
Alex401k
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:21 pm

Then we will gladly help you understand the rulings...but AFTER you get placed in a dorm. This place isn't for everyone to start out Obelisk and THEN have us find out half of them suck and don't deserve it. The ruling test is for you to show who you really are, without help. Afterwards, if you get placed in a low dorm, you get better at the game if you want to land in a better dorm, with or without help is your choice, and hopefully strike gold this time.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by NerverMind Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:25 am

Well for my point of view. Academies are for me to meet some other duelist online to get socialize and that is all, because I improve on dueling due to my prior knowledge or get on other different situation. I improve on not trying to check what need to be check to get to be better. It is just the fact that you get to witness almost everything when you are dueling. When sometimes you make ruling mistakes and your opponent know the actual ruling, you'll also get to learn it, because of that. So I rather suggest that you duel more or just read some articles about some rulings and also please try and check about cost and stuffs. Since it is one of the important rulings to know in >ygo<.
NerverMind
NerverMind
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by NerfMkplz Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:52 am

Alex401k wrote:ok the articals are worded to the point where its harder for me then most to understasnd my mind is slower in terms of processing info my mind needs a better easier explaination to understand like priority is basically waiting for a resoponse from your aponent ok that i get i just need the articials explained better for my mind to process
www.Google.com would've helped you with at least 5 of the Ruling Questions, just by looking up the scenario. www.google.com is also the best source for getting answers in the DN Admin Exam (besides already having known the basic knowledge needed such as PSCT, SECOG, the Damage Step, etc).
NerfMkplz
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:21 pm

After all, we're not asking you insane SEGOC questions involving 3 LaDDs and Doomcaliber Knights. They're all simple, basic, and Googleable questions that are not difficult to understand, even if you get them wrong the first time.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex401k Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:13 pm

u guys dont understand partly because of my disability my mind has a slow processing speed so ill get the answers it just takes me longer to find them think of it this way most people are dsl im still dial up lol my point is its to the point where how the question is worded can throw me off besides im sure if i take it again it will be worded differently if its worded differently enough it can throw me off but im not asking u to keep it the same way im just trying to get u to see what i mean

Last edited by Alex401k on Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to make sure u understand)
Alex401k
Alex401k
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by NerfMkplz Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Alex401k wrote:u guys dont understand partly because of my disability my mind has a slow processing speed so ill get the answers it just takes me longer to find them think of it this way most people are dsl im still dial up lol my point is its to the point where how the question is worded can throw me off besides im sure if i take it again it will be worded differently if its worded differently enough it can throw me off but im not asking u to keep it the same way im just trying to get u to see what i mean
Although yes I do get your point, but with studying and learning how to look up different scenarios and different cards to help you get your answer, it will be faster and you can make it in the 15 minute mark. I finished the test in 10 minutes and had enough time to look over my answers again. I'm sure you can do the same, if you study.
NerfMkplz
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by D.D. Eatos Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:41 pm

I took the test, and it wasn't hard. (mostly because they were my questions) I don't think anything on the test isnt something you cant study from the rulings I have posted. (atleast my questions)
D.D. Eatos
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:58 pm

Alex401k wrote:u guys dont understand partly because of my disability my mind has a slow processing speed so ill get the answers it just takes me longer to find them think of it this way most people are dsl im still dial up lol my point is its to the point where how the question is worded can throw me off besides im sure if i take it again it will be worded differently if its worded differently enough it can throw me off but im not asking u to keep it the same way im just trying to get u to see what i mean
Well yeah we can help you for sure; after all, that's what an academy is for. But we cannot babysit you throughout your entire time here, regardless of what condition you have. I'm sorry if you're having trouble, and we'll do the best we can to help, but we can't give preferential treatment to someone just because they're struggling by making the test "easier" or something.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex401k Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm not saying I need that I'm just saying that tests are harder for me then most I need to find a way to pass it that's easy for my process short of changing the wording like associating a question with something u knowi need to think of the question in a way that is easy for my head to process get it lol
Alex401k
Alex401k
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amazing Mr.Absorbency Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:32 pm

You know I've seen a lot of doolists on here just completely discourage themselves, like saying to themselves they are "idiots" and they "can't do it".

It's sorta sad really.

But anyways, if your brain has a slow processing speed, then why don't you take things slowly?
I mean really, study one thing for a while and once you've completely memorized it, move on to the next thing. Don't rush it.
The Amazing Mr.Absorbency
The Amazing Mr.Absorbency
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 79
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoturtle Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:00 pm

The Amazing Mr.Absorbency wrote:You know I've seen a lot of doolists on here just completely discourage themselves, like saying to themselves they are "idiots" and they "can't do it".

It's sorta sad really.

But anyways, if your brain has a slow processing speed, then why don't you take things slowly?
I mean really, study one thing for a while and once you've completely memorized it, move on to the next thing. Don't rush it.
ruling test timed to 15 minutes and has 10 questions, that gives a minute and a half per question which is hard for some people
psychoturtle
psychoturtle
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 55
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex401k Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:46 pm

someone like myself that's why i was able to have more time to complete tests in schoolso i could go over my answers and make sure i get them right
Alex401k
Alex401k
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down