Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deck Tiering System On XDA?

+2
{arc} ZeroHeros
Equivalence
6 posters

Go down

Deck Tiering System On XDA? Empty Deck Tiering System On XDA?

Post by Equivalence Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:42 pm

I have a suggestion on how to make the XDA meta more balanced and fun - that idea is to add different tiers for different deck. I haven't decided what the tiers will be named or how many there will be or what decks will be placed in which tier. All I currently know, though, is that it would be cool if we had certain tiers for whenever a XDA-related duel occurs. For example: Let's say that PePe and Kozmo are tier 1, and that Satellarknights and Burning Abyss are tier 2. Then PePe and Kozmo would be able to duel each other, but not, say, PePe and Satellarknights, because they are in different tiers.

To summarize, decks should be placed into tiers based on how good they are, and decks within tiers can only duel each other. This could be used for Arena Duels, Tournaments and other possible future XDA activities involving dueling.

What do you all think of this idea?
Equivalence
Equivalence
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 55
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Deck Tiering System On XDA? Empty Re: Deck Tiering System On XDA?

Post by {arc} ZeroHeros Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:47 pm

I think that is a great ideal when in a tourney cuz it will come down to skill and luck instead of the power of the theirs cards.
{arc} ZeroHeros
{arc} ZeroHeros
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyataria Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:07 pm

I think this is incredibly unproductive. When you go to a ycs or whatever your opponent isn't going to switch decks or concede because you didn't think any of the tier1 decks were fun. Having a low tier tournament or something seems interesting, but just saying people aren't to use tier1 decks vs others feels bad for practice for everyone involved

Also deck construction & side boarding are a part of skill, and this hurts that.

Also, what is the purpose of this. Not play extremely uneven match ups? Because that comes up anyway, even in decks of the same tier. Or even a lower tier deck beating a higher tier deck. There are sometimes decks made to beat a specific other deck, and as such have a strong match up, but are very weak against other popular decks. Or even just a decent tier2 deck that happens to be strong vs a specific tier1 deck
Nyataria
Nyataria

Contribution : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by Equivalence Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:17 pm

I mean on just XDA.
Equivalence
Equivalence
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogma22 Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:24 pm

im with you on that one Nyataria
Dogma22
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 56

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavii~ Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:04 pm

I'm with Nyataria on this one. If this happened in a tournament, there is such abnormalities such as decks that just aren't in the tier list at ALL, and if someone was forced to use a deck in a tier that they haven't played that would give a significant advantage to whoever chose the tier as they obviously know more about the deck. It would also create arguments between what deck was where, and make people create decks and learn decks just for the sake of dueling 1 person. I feel like tournaments that only focused around a single tier would be good, like a tier 1 tournament where only tier 1 decks could be used so if you have knowledge of the tier 1 decks you can sign up if you want, but not this strange tier system.
Lavii~
Lavii~
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by B@TMAN Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:36 pm

you kind of need one for tournaments but that depends on who organizes it. it is only good for daily usage if your testing system is based on a tier list.
B@TMAN
B@TMAN
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down