Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding the Chatbox: 3 suggestions to make the system better

4 posters

Go down

Regarding the Chatbox: 3 suggestions to make the system better Empty Regarding the Chatbox: 3 suggestions to make the system better

Post by Wattberyx Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:19 pm

Oh hello. I am the Devön, who you have seen heard of, or don't know who I am.

So... Chatbox. It's pretty much essential for this academy, this XDA. However, there are a few suggestions I would like to make.

1. There should be a "mobile" status for users who do come on here on mobile devices. I mean like phones and tablets, not laptops. This is so other people know you are on one and you won't have to turn down duels because they didn't know.

2. Maybe for the PC users, a Ping system for when the chat is talked into after 5-10 minutes. A re-activity ping.

3. A bit more support for mobile users, period. I may be suggesting high, but it's fairly difficult to navigate the site and make/respond to topics when the window's focus is acting like a two year old.

I know I don't have much reason to back these up at the moment, but if one asks me why a certain suggestion, I will give a reason. It is late, so enjoy rushed suggestions and tune in the next time I start rambling.

Regarding the Chatbox: 3 suggestions to make the system better 2466227959
Wattberyx
Wattberyx

Contribution : 425
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Chatbox: 3 suggestions to make the system better Empty Re: Regarding the Chatbox: 3 suggestions to make the system better

Post by Tsukasa Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:31 am

Devon_Keki wrote:Oh hello. I am the Devön, who you have seen heard of, or don't know who I am.

So... Chatbox. It's pretty much essential for this academy, this XDA. However, there are a few suggestions I would like to make.

1. There should be a "mobile" status for users who do come on here on mobile devices. I mean like phones and tablets, not laptops. This is so other people know you are on one and you won't have to turn down duels because they didn't know.

2. Maybe for the PC users, a Ping system for when the chat is talked into after 5-10 minutes. A re-activity ping.

3. A bit more support for mobile users, period. I may be suggesting high, but it's fairly difficult to navigate the site and make/respond to topics when the window's focus is acting like a two year old.

I know I don't have much reason to back these up at the moment, but if one asks me why a certain suggestion, I will give a reason. It is late, so enjoy rushed suggestions and tune in the next time I start rambling.

Regarding the Chatbox: 3 suggestions to make the system better 2466227959

I do agree with your suggestions, however I don't know if any of that is really possible. It would probably take a lot of time to put together the necessary coding for those features. When one considers the number of users, and how many of those users are potentially accessing the site via mobile/tablet at any given time, it seems like a bit of a waste (atleast in my opinion). Most people who are appearing in the chatbox are on home computers where they are able to duel, etc. when asked. Anyone accessing by mobile is more likely just checking forum posts. The actual mobile version of the site doesn't even have the majority of the features that the original site does anyways, it's literally just forum sections.

I do like the suggestions, I just don't see the staff putting in the work to make them a reality when it would have little use/purpose.
Tsukasa
Tsukasa
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 96

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Chatbox: 3 suggestions to make the system better Empty Re: Regarding the Chatbox: 3 suggestions to make the system better

Post by Lrycial Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:36 pm

I do know the mobile chat box with the mobile interface is very much possible. However, I'm not sure about the coding.
Lrycial
Lrycial
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyonaru Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:16 pm

1. Won't happen.
2. Won't happen.
3. Won't happen.

We can't really edit the pre-built in chatbox in any way other than the aesthetics (not easily and bug-free anyway). It's not worth the work.
Kyonaru
Kyonaru
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down