Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

September 2013 TCG Banlist (Obelisk Homework)

5 posters

Go down

September 2013 TCG Banlist (Obelisk Homework) Empty September 2013 TCG Banlist (Obelisk Homework)

Post by ~Luvi Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:51 pm

I seriously don't have any deck challenges or anything for you guys except chain beat, and I'm certain you all know how to google ._. Stupid Obelisks being good n stuff. This time I decided to make a really, really, REALLY tedious one for 200 DP. I want you to review the banlist for TCG and write me your thoughts on EVERY SINGLE HIT.

hue.

gl.

Last edited by ! Prince on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

September 2013 TCG Banlist (Obelisk Homework) Empty Re: September 2013 TCG Banlist (Obelisk Homework)

Post by D.D. Eatos Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Just a suggestions Prince, and you can delete this after you see this, but You should put (homework) in your title to alert everyone that it is infact for them. Otherwise idk :/
D.D. Eatos
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 308

Back to top Go down

September 2013 TCG Banlist (Obelisk Homework) Empty Re: September 2013 TCG Banlist (Obelisk Homework)

Post by Envy Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Here are my thoughts on the banlist

- 4 Dragon Rulers: Konami never intented for this deck to function together when they made them. Then when they were used together Konami realized they messed up and now the Dragon Rulers can be used as intended, to give the 4 elements something to use in competitive.

- Spellbook of Judgment: it gave far to much power to Prophecy once started with first turn it garranteed a hellish second turn i didnt like it now im glad its gone.

- Super Rejuvination: I personally didnt see this cards banning as a big thing however with this gone people will soon revert back to hieratics and this card would have became a big torchure once more.

- Stratos, Shock Master, Card Destruction, Gateway Of the Six, Heavy Storm, Monster Reborn, Pot of Avarice, Solemn Judgment, Ultimate Offering: All of these threw people off. The Reason for this in my eyes is because they wanted to get rid of a lot of power/game changing cards to make the game

Limited:
- Genex Ally Birdman: makes a lot of plays that should not exist in the game happen.
- Everything else: To make resources for decks more valubable then they would be before. Makes the players have to save their resources for when they truly need them.

Semi-Limited:
- Mezuki/Plaugespreader Zombie: They have zombie support coming out, these are to help the deck have more of an edge.
- T.G. Striker: Wasn't broken and they are slowly letting the card come back.
- Fire Formation Tenki: Just trying to make Fire Fist a bit less powerful compared to what it was.
- Dimensional Prison: Making you save your resources in the game.

Unlimited:
- Malicious: Why was it at 2 when the card does nothing now.
- A Hero lives, E- Emerency Call: They got rid of stratos and are letting Heros still have something to work off of.
- Agent of Mystery, Earth: The card doesnt do to much besides search.
- Hieratic Seal of Convocation: Everyone is looking at this the wrong way, The card is just a search engine for the deck. Why cant they have one, when they have one.
- Pot of Duality: The card doesnt do to much to the game, promotes slower play for the game.
- Scapegoat: Promotes slower play in the game.

These are my views on why they did what they did with every card.
Envy
Envy
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:21 pm

It's good enough, but i'm really expecting more. COUGH COUGH PSYCHOTURTLE.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoturtle Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:12 pm

BANNED:

Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks (from unlimited)
Elemental HERO Stratos (from limited)
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts (from unlimited)
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles (from unlimited)
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets (from unlimited)
Number 16: Shock Master (from unlimited)
Card Destruction (from limited)
Gateway of the Six (from limited)
Heavy Storm (from limited)
Monster Reborn (from limited)
Pot of Avarice (from limited)
Spellbook of Judgment (from unlimited)
Super Rejuvenation (from unlimited)
Solemn Judgment (from limited)
Ultimate Offering (from limited)

LIMITED:

Atlantean Dragoons (from unlimited)
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit (from unlimited)
Deep Sea Diva (from unlimited)
Genex Ally Birdman (from unlimited)
Rescue Rabbit (from semi-limited)
Thunder King Rai-oh (from semi-limited)
Evigishki Mind Augus (from unlimited)
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier (from semi-limited)
Constellar Ptolemy M7 (from unlimited)
Dimensional Fissure (from unlimited)
Gold Sarcophagus (from unlimited)
Royal Tribute (from semi-limited)
Bottomless Trap Hole (from semi-limited)
Compulsory Evacuation Device (from unlimited)
Eradicator Epidemic Virus (from unlimited)
Macro Cosmos (from unlimited)
Soul Drain (from unlimited)
Torrential Tribute (from semi-limited)

SEMI-LIMITED:

Mezuki (from limited)
Plaguespreader Zombie (from limited)
T.G. Striker (from limited)
Fire Formation - Tenki (from unlimited)
Dimensional Prison (from unlimited)

NO LONGER LIMITED:

Destiny HERO - Malicious (from semi-limited)
The Agent of Mystery - Earth (from semi-limited)
Tsukuyomi (from semi-limited)
A Hero Lives (from semi-limited)
Black Whirlwind (from limited)
E - Emergency Call (from semi-limited)
Hieratic Seal of Convocation (from semi-limited)
Pot of Duality (from semi-limited)
Scapegoat (from limited)

The rulers are completely expected, so is Spellbook of Judgment.
Card destruction is just disgusting, deserved ban.
Shock Master is banned because it's a game winner.
Super Rejuvenation? It will hardly be abused without the baby rulers (the main discard power + banish fodder of the deck) therefore I don't understand why ban.
Gateway of the Six is obviously one of the cards hit for Konami's ''let's slow down the meta'' project, by that I mean banning game deciders. Same goes for Ultimate Offering.
I don't understand Stratos being banned either, maybe Konami wanted to make sure Heroes wouldn't dominate September. They made a smart move though, resembling the Primal Seed + BLS move, as they banned stratos they unlimited E-call and A hero lives. Good job konami!
Heavy Storm was banned, unfortunately, as it's a game decider. As compensation (so we don't see a backrow orgy format) they hit Compulsory evacuation device, Torrential tribute, BTH, banned Solemn Judgment, limited EEV, semi limit prison...
Mind Augus to 1? the **** you on Konami
Ptolemy M7 to 1? Might make sense, as Convocation is going to 3.
Gold Sarc to 1? Sounds like Konami wants to make sure Rulers won't still be top tier, so this move reduces their speed even further. Didn't deserve this though, like Rejuvenation, could have stayed at 3.
Dragoons is one of the best search cards ever made, it's close to the sick Sangan. Diva had crazy plays with Dragoons, Marksman, Abyssmegalo and fast catastor plays and it just needed to get hit. It was only a matter of time.
Rescue Rabbit is a disgusting card and I'm surprised it's still not banned. It can really be powerful...
Thunder King Rai-oh was hit because Konami realizes the card will be brutal for the upcoming format, so people don't start abusing it. Good call.
Fire Fist Spirit is understood, to stop the derpy consistency with horse prince plays. Doesn't mean Fire fist is dead now though.
Genex Ally Birdman limit for the stupid Harpie OTK.
Dimensional Fissure, Macro Cosmos. It is obvious Konami is promoting Fire Kings and Angel of Zera. Soul Drain is hit because it's simply absurd.
Royal Tribute is probably limited because Gravekeepers love slow formats.
Here comes the fun part. Mezuki and Plaguespreader zombie semi-limit. We get to see crazy zombie decks now, and I am a hardcore Zombie fan since 2007. Way to go konami, thank you very much! (no sarcasm)
T.G. Striker semi-limit will make Agents better, as well as Earth going to 3 and the release of the spell card Transmodify. T.G. Agents are coming back!
Fire Formation Tenki semi-limit is expected. People believed it will go to 1, but banning storm means more MST mained which means Tenki would be absolute **** at 1. 2 is the best call.
Malicious at 3, wait what? Random people were like OHHH TELE DAD FAP FAP FAP when they saw this. No mate. Tele-DAD is dead until DAD is semi-limited and allure unlimited. Take your overhype elsewhere. Malicious at 3 will provide great support for zombies as PSZ and mezuki are at 2 now. Easy level 8 synchro plays. Jeweled Dragon Archfiend anyone?
Black Whirlwind at 3. Well. What to say? Blackwings will be about tier 2, and people will definitely make them work with the banning of heavy storm. Consistency of the archtype just went sky high as they can compensate for storm using 3 icarus attacks and Delta Crow, the backrow serial rapist.
Pot of Duality at 3. Ok slow decks will become faster.
Scapegoat at 3? Konami blew it with this move. Now every random retard is maining plasma in every single deck. Even exodia will main 3 plasmas and goats now. (goat control isn't coming back j/s)
Hieratic seal of convocation is going to 3. Alright, Hieratics are a bit faster. No problemo.
Tsukuyomi to 3? no1 really cares, we didn't care with it at 0, we didn't care with it at 2, it won't make a difference at 3 either.

Konami brought this game into a state of retardation (being slower) but it will be a mixed and fun format definitely. I still feel bad Gateway is banned Sad meta could be anything, I won't speculate, as good chances are I will drastically miss.
psychoturtle
psychoturtle
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 55
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:57 am

Macro hit was stupid, Soul Drain is not OP. js.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoturtle Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:51 am

! Prince wrote:Macro hit was stupid, Soul Drain is not OP. js.
Mind Drain kills Dragon Rulers on turn 1. Soul Drain kills them at any time afterwards.

Macro was hit because Fire Kings and Bujins need to grow, and so that Angel of Zera isn't abused as much as it can be.
psychoturtle
psychoturtle
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:57 am

Macro is WAY too healthy for the game. Oh, your flood and abuse the graveyard? Let me sto- oh I can't. gg, flood the field, go ahead I don't mind!

It's stupid to hit it. Soul Drain is a good card that stopped Dark dicks but that ain't happening no more.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by psychoturtle Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:06 am

SIM owns dark worlds, there are still possible counters for every deck. Just not as easy. Nevertheless, your personal opinions differing from mine are irrelevant in homework.
psychoturtle
psychoturtle
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Soul Drain hit.

Macro hit.

D. Fissure hit.

Backrows hit.

Looks like a DARK future for the WORLD of YuGiOh, if you know what I'm getting at...
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down