Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre September 2013 Banlist Review

+3
Rainmaker
Thought
NerfMkplz
7 posters

Go down

Pre September 2013 Banlist Review Empty Pre September 2013 Banlist Review

Post by NerfMkplz Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:01 pm

I can tell you right now me and my friend has been theorizing all the 19+ possible decks this format, and we are testing for the best deck. With theory saying "If this was tr most popular deck, then what will people use to side against it". It can't be dark worlds, thats too silly. About half of your side deck that you use, you wil be able to side against DW. It cant be Blackwing, prophecy wrecks and if you can't search, well good luck. I forgot why we cut mermails. So after a while we nailed it down to a few decks being the best. Constellar, Prophecy (cuz fate is still considered the best br that ever existed), Evilswarm, madolche, Geargia. Now there are going to be plenty of good decks like TG Agents, Bujin, Mermails, Rulers, but we are looking for the best. Bujin cant be because there are too many silly cards to get around bujin. It is backrow reliant and you keep yamato out, then you win pretty much. An example would be smashing ground. Well that is all im taking with the format atm. Anyone have any ideas? Comments?

Last edited by NerfMkplz on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
NerfMkplz
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 274

Back to top Go down

Pre September 2013 Banlist Review Empty Re: Pre September 2013 Banlist Review

Post by Thought Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:09 pm

Bujins will never be Tier 1. They heavily depend on an array of different cards to keep Yamato alive, and (hopefully) stunning the opponent's field at the same time. If Yamato falls before he can do anything, or if your opponent has a counter of Cranes, Turtles, etc., you're screwed, because Yamato's 1800 ATK isn't exactly unbeatable.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainmaker Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:21 pm

I don't see why Madolches should be close to high tier. The XYZ is powerfull, but I don't see them as very consistent.
Geargia wasn't on my radar, but now that you mention it, the high amount of backrow and constant searcher definetly give it an edge. Nice one.
Evilswarm definetly have a chance. They were pretty good last format, due to Dragon Rulers and might loose some edge because there are more XYZ-centric decks coming, but Ophion is still a card.
Constellars are gonna be busted. With the slower game Pleiades' bounce gets even more powerfull and Omega just gets arounf the "set 5 - pass".
Dragunities should be considered, too. They are fast enough to still OTK in a much slower game and can make huge pushed, just running over whatever defenses the opponent might have.
Bujins are great, but no Yamato is an instant loss. Still, they can make use of alot of trolly cards like Black Garden, Kaiser Colloseum, Vanity's Fiend etc.
Infernitys would be my pick. Without Heavy one of the biggest fears is gone and they still have 3 Barriers which are basically a Solemn Judgment. Something not many decks have.
4-Axis Fire Fist are also gonna be real good. They run enough backrow to play the grind game and have incredibly explosive plays. I expect to see them topping very, very often.

I would love to see Wind-Ups come back, somehow.
Rainmaker
Rainmaker
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:31 pm

ANALYSIS TIME! Dun dun dun.

Rainmaker wrote:I don't see why Madolches should be close to high tier. The XYZ is powerfull, but I don't see them as very consistent.
I agree. Madolches have the potential to be able to run over any deck, but that doesn't always happen frequently enough.

Geargia wasn't on my radar, but now that you mention it, the high amount of backrow and constant searcher definetly give it an edge. Nice one.
I do not see Geargias coming anywhere near Tier 1, or even Tier 2. They're a solidly MEDIOCRE deck. Consistency and power are two different things.

Evilswarm definetly have a chance. They were pretty good last format, due to Dragon Rulers and might loose some edge because there are more XYZ-centric decks coming, but Ophion is still a card.
Evilswarms...oh god what have we done. Hitting the backrow just strengthens Ophion's resolve even more. Then again I love Evilswarm, played them before they were Meta and were still 'Verz.' :3

Constellars are gonna be busted. With the slower game Pleiades' bounce gets even more powerfull and Omega just gets arounf the "set 5 - pass".
I honestly think Constellars have a good chance of making it to at least Tier 2. Although not incredibly consistent as they could be, they're an overall decent powerhouse deck, and, especially with the disappearance of many backrows, can be devastating if you can't stop the initial summon.

Dragunities should be considered, too. They are fast enough to still OTK in a much slower game and can make huge pushed, just running over whatever defenses the opponent might have.
I can see Assault Modes coming back into the picture.

Bujins are great, but no Yamato is an instant loss. Still, they can make use of alot of trolly cards like Black Garden, Kaiser Colloseum, Vanity's Fiend etc.
Nailed it. Bujins are helpless without Yamato; the most they can do is stun/troll while they wait for their fabled card. But don't forget, Solemn Warning is a card; if Yamato dies before it can do any damage, all that time was a waste.

Infernitys would be my pick. Without Heavy one of the biggest fears is gone and they still have 3 Barriers which are basically a Solemn Judgment. Something not many decks have.
4-Axis Fire Fist are also gonna be real good. They run enough backrow to play the grind game and have incredibly explosive plays. I expect to see them topping very, very often.
Agree completely. Without Heavy to loosen up their frequent backrow spam, and with no Judgment and fewer Bottomless, Torrential, and Compuls to stop the plays, they can swarm the field EASILY filled with 3 indestructible Barriers (thanks to Heavy's ban) and a field full of monsters you can't get rid of thanks to the backrow. Now the only thing that you have to hope for is that Mirror Force to work. If it doesn't, tough luck, gg, you're out, bye.

I would love to see Wind-Ups come back, somehow.
Wind-Ups won't come back. Not since the Zenmaity hit. They COULD make an alternative, Constellar-like deck, but it'll never again be as it once was.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffytots Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:44 pm

I think Konami is making Yu-Gi-Oh's next format too skilled based and going towards old players that want to return. But the thing is a huge majority of people that play Yugioh are younger children that know yugioh as it is now. Introducing an entirely new format like this will probably cause a lot of them to stop playing.
fluffytots
fluffytots
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch555 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:49 pm

fluffytots wrote:I think Konami is making Yu-Gi-Oh's next format too skilled based and going towards old players that want to return. But the thing is a huge majority of people that play Yugioh are younger children that know yugioh as it is now. Introducing an entirely new format like this will probably cause a lot of them to stop playing.
I'm a young kid, I'm not stopping, yugioh is at it's best when it takes skill.
Watch555
Watch555
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 290

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffytots Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:51 pm

I meant kids at the age of like 7 to 11.
fluffytots
fluffytots
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch555 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:56 pm

fluffytots wrote:I meant kids at the age of like 7 to 11.
I'm almost 13 Surprised
Watch555
Watch555
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 290

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainmaker Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:58 pm

I can't agree there, fluffy. Kids that age do not give a damn about competitive play, all they want is their gimmicky decks like Heroes (not the good Hero, but the anime style ones) etc.
Konami did the right thing trying to reach the older players, as they will certainly gain some back, whilst keeping the kids interested in the game with the anime and cards based on the anime char's decks. Chronomally, Gimmick Puppets, all those things are very popular amoung the youngest, because they are cheap and they have a connection to it, through the show. Most kids certainly don't have a clue about banlist or enough money on their hands to spent it on meta game.

Thought wrote:Wind-Ups won't come back. Not since the Zenmaity hit. They COULD make an alternative, Constellar-like deck, but it'll never again be as it once was.
I am not expecting them to come back. I just want them to come back. I really do. Sad
Rainmaker
Rainmaker
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by RekonZero Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:36 pm

now its here and black wing and lightsworn are op
RekonZero
RekonZero
Ra Yellow