Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beast Ritual Deck Better? Possible?

+6
Kyonaru
Ventriloquist
D.D. Eatos
ThunderChidori
Wattberyx
I_Suck:P
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Beast Ritual Deck Better? Possible?  Empty Beast Ritual Deck Better? Possible?

Post by I_Suck:P Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:57 am

Heres what i got so far...

Main Deck:

Monsters

Wingweaver x3
Zoa 3x
Chaos Sorcer
Bone Rat x3
manju of the ten thousand hands x3
Senju of the Thousand Hands x3
Sonic Bird x3
Garma Sword x3
Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Beginning
Relinquished x3
Demise, King of Armageddon

Spells:10

Advanced Ritual Art x2
Allure of Darkness
pot of duality x2
Preparation of rights x3
Sacred Swords of seven stars x2

Traps:3

Reckless Greed x3

Extra Deck: 15

Daigusto Emeral x2
Diamond Dire Wolf
Gagaga Cowboy
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack x2
Big eye
Master of Blades
Comics Hero King Arthur
Silent Honors Ark Knight
Lucky Straight
Utopia
Utopia Roots
Shamoji Soldier

Side Deck:15

Effect Vieler x3
Swift Scarecrow x2
Marshmallon x2
Winged Kuriboh
Flute of summoning Kuriboh
Double summon
Card Trader
One day of Peace
Dark Bribe
Eradicator Epidemic Virus
Deck Devastion Virus

Any Help would be MUCH appreciated!!!Razz 
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 142
Warning : 2nd Warning

Back to top Go down

Beast Ritual Deck Better? Possible?  Empty Re: Beast Ritual Deck Better? Possible?

Post by Wattberyx Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:52 pm

ask yourself, what is the goal of the deck? how would you win with it?
Wattberyx
Wattberyx

Contribution : 425
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Beast Ritual Deck Better? Possible?  Empty Re: Beast Ritual Deck Better? Possible?

Post by ThunderChidori Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:15 pm

gishki is a better ritual deck (my gishki deck is awesome)
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by I_Suck:P Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Thats cool, but any advice on my deck?
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:55 pm

use rituals with effects
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by I_Suck:P Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:02 pm

-_- Why hadnt i thought of that...
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Back to top Go down

Post by D.D. Eatos Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:10 pm

I think its more efficient and expedient for a ritual deck to function with 1 ritual monster. Bust thats just my opinion. Choose either Armageddon or Relinquished.
D.D. Eatos
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by I_Suck:P Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:38 pm

How would i change the deck to just 1, and i did multiple because i can have more than 3 and that way i can use the one i need for that situation
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:53 pm

it helps with making the deck more consistent
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by I_Suck:P Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Everyone is giving ideas but no actual changes.
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:38 pm

uggghhh your one of those people that doesn't take good advice
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by Wattberyx Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:28 am

You should try to rework your deck to center around only one ritual monster, like the above people said. Then add support for it, and something that'll help you get that ritual spell card or monster in your hand as quick as possible. We aren't giving you specifics because we are trying to explain to you having 3-4 ritual monsters is too broad, unless you're working with gishkis. Having too many cards that heavily rely on a certain spell card in your deck makes the deck inconsistent and situational. It's like having separate support around combos that don't help each other. Manju is a great monster to have in a ritual deck, but when you have ritual monsters and spells in your hand with no way to sacrifice equal to the total number of stars, it's a d3ad hand. Cut all but one ritual set out and add protection and support to it.

The 2 worst things for a deck to be is inconsistent and situational. A main deck needs to be able to counter broad problems, like your monster targeted for destruction. Not for something specific. That's what the side deck is for. It's to give yourself a better time with things that are specific to your opponents deck, limited to what you sided. Your Main deck shouldn't be prepared for everything.

This is a compilation of what most, if not all of us, are trying to tell you.

(Note: the replacement happens in posts too)
Wattberyx
Wattberyx

Back to top Go down

Post by I_Suck:P Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Thanks Devon, i understand what your saying and it makes sense. Its just im not really great at making decks so its hard for me to take it apart and use different peices to rebuild the puzzle.
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Wattberyx Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:23 am

I suggest instead of using the ritual monster that's 0\0, use Disigma. It's a better alternative, and the effect of equipping destroys the monster it attacks if it has the same attribute as an equipped monster.

Also, I meant reinvent the deck. I suggest redding up on lesson 7 in the classroom. I'll help make a better deck than just going for it.
Wattberyx
Wattberyx

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:32 am

Ok, basically what you made is a ritual version of a vanilla beatstick deck. What does that mean exactly? Means you just picked like idk, a hand full of your favorite ritual monsters and then tried to put together as many ways to summon them as possible.

In theory, that sounds good but its not. Sure, 1 time out of 10 your guna get an Uber play and go off and maybe OTK if everything goes well. But that makes it a "Fun Deck" not a competitive one. If you want to use rituals, you don't have to pick JUST one ritual monster, but don't go past like... a couple.

Also if your FOCUSING on ritual monster you need draw power. Which you seem to have figured out. I wouldn't really change to much in terms of that but a Trade-In never hurt anyone, you might try it and see if it works for you.

All in all. Like some of the others have said your deck is really situational. If your opponent randomly stops your play what do you have left? Manju charging the field? Lol, see what i mean?

And of course everyone is going to tell you to use Gishki, because they ARE amazing. 3200 beater with an ability to both bounce ANY of the opponents cards he wants, while also letting you get a plus 1. Can't really argue that awesomeness.

But if you wana use the sexy blue cards and stand out from the rest. Do something like i did with my Magician of Black Chaos deck. I'll send you a deck list when i get the time, kinda rushed as I'm typing this right now. But the main idea is that well, i Run MoBC, and Gagaga Shield as the most hilarious tech ever XD cuz it prevents pops twice per turn. I also run a random Neo Aqua Mador, so even though it SEEMS like a beat stick deck, i've often time finished off my opponent by them attacking into a face down 3000 wall.

When trying to add tech, and creativity to your deck. Assume that less is more. Pick just a few cards that are REALLY going to be game changers, and then find ways of making it as easy as possible to draw them.

Like i said i'll send you my decklist a bit later. But for now, pick a couple of the ritual monsters you like the most. Lets just say Zera and Relinquished and then work the rest of your decks monsters around supporting them.

I hope this helps, and keep trying man, you will improve I promise. That's what academies are for ^.^
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyonaru Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:53 am

hmm...
I see only one way to make this deck really good:
Changes:
Kyonaru
Kyonaru
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by White Rose Dragon Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:02 pm

LOLOOOOLL

this isnt even your deck. Gtfo plz Smile
White Rose Dragon
White Rose Dragon
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 587

Back to top Go down

Post by Wattberyx Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21 pm

If you don't know what to do with your deck, you can just... restart it.
Wattberyx
Wattberyx

Back to top Go down

Post by I_Suck:P Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:26 pm

White Rose Dragon wrote:LOLOOOOLL

this isnt even your deck. Gtfo plz Smile
What are you even talking about...
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Back to top Go down

Post by White Rose Dragon Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:45 pm

https://i.imgur.com/MfKtBJ7.png) (From DA)
gj bro
White Rose Dragon
White Rose Dragon
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 587

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

White Rose Dragon wrote:http://www.duelacademy.net/t33706-master-of-ceremonies-by-jain-vi-bookshelvia
gj bro

Yeah except he has those random Relinquished in there that in no way help contribute to the deck. In his defense, Relinquished was good...in, like, 2006 maybe. >.>
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:18 pm

Relinquished wasn't good. period.

Also WDN who gives a flying **** if it's his deck? He wants to improve and get a better one as it is, just leave this forum if you can't be nice to people.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:29 pm

White Rose Dragon wrote:http://www.duelacademy.net/t33706-master-of-ceremonies-by-jain-vi-bookshelvia
gj bro

Warning Given and Posted edited (Reason: giving links to other forums in non war topics)
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:18 am

Hey hey hey now. In all fairness relinquished DOES still have a fairly unique ability. Agreed, its no where near the Niche it was years ago. But hey, this deck is obviously made for nostalgic purposes so, let him have what he wants, and give advice on how to make the deck, as it is, better.

NOT, how to make it beat the current meta lol. Which yes, i realize is obsurd, just providing an example of basically what everyone is doing by saying he should just scratch the thing.
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Wattberyx Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 am

The deck IS good, however its a bummer that its not entirely his. Granted I don't see many non-gishki ritual decks, and rituals are a little more difficult to bring out because of their specifics (He took care of that with advanced ritual art, I know -_-) I just personally think its more rewarding to take out the meta with a deck you built. I mean, I do use unoriginal decks myself to see if I like a play style.

As we all said, thin down your ritual monsters and have alternatives. As soon as I get home I'll post some reccomendations and a deck list as a guideline. Toodles.

No definite time of when this will be updated. I apologize.

Last edited by Devon_Keki on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wattberyx
Wattberyx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next