Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with deck

5 posters

Go down

Help with deck Empty Help with deck

Post by KingGrimmjow Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:35 pm

My Gravekeeper deck. I tested with it.

https://i.imgur.com/ijMxB2s.png

Any advice?
KingGrimmjow
KingGrimmjow
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 34
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Help with deck Empty Re: Help with deck

Post by ~Luvi Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Take out DAD, he conflicts with literally your decks entire purpose. Don't use Gorz, you run a field spell and Trag doesn't belong either. Visionary is bad. The entire monster lineup needs a bit of help, actually.. and the spells.. and the traps.

Don't run reborn, you can't use it under necrovalley, the purpose of the deck.

https://i.imgur.com/06Ga0lO.png

Royal Tribute is broken af. If you can't stand not having reborn, use rite of spirit, it's the GK reborn.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by {TP} Simply Logic Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:00 pm

there are alot of things wrong no offense. But for starters run 3 spy take out chief and the monster necro valley card. Run 3 commandant.
{TP} Simply Logic
{TP} Simply Logic
Banned
Banned

Contribution : 174
Warning : Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by FutureOracle Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Hai<3
Umm...I guess I thought I would spend like 30 min helping someone so, HERE IT IS!!!
Truth be told, I'm not going to give you a decklist or alter yours. Deckbuilding should be something that you feel you are proud about, something you made yourself/understand completely. Whether netdecked, self-tech'd, built by your own blood, sweat and tears, you should be happy with your deck and use it to its full potential. This is just some constructive criticism and tips when deckbuilding that I can offer to help you along your way Very Happy
Disclaimer: I am only as good as I am myself (though I would say that I am quite knowledgable in the game :Dno hehehe jk, but of course) so, bear in mind that there may be things that I might have said wrong because I am human. Take everything with a grain of salt! And of course if you have any questions or comments, feel free to just say/ask them!

Constructive Criticism: If you want to skip down, deckbuilding is below.

What your deck lacks: Some sort of focus. When building a deck you might want to consider a main goal you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to build Aggro or Control? You have Chief, DAD, lightning vortex, wonder wand, arcane barrier, rite of spirit, etc., along with some control cards such as the backrow, gorz, trag, guards, gagagashield, etc. In the deckbuilding section, I will explain control. You may be leaning toward control/stun/beat due to the bound wand + necrovalley but honestly, there are better beatdown decks.
Will your deck be about spamming the field because of combos?
Annoying your opponent with set 5 backrow?
Overpowering your opponent with high attack monsters?
Restricting your opponent from doing things?
Deck thin? Consistency?
All these things must come to mind or else your build will be inconsistent in some way shape or form, maybe drawing your 2/3 combo cards and then drawing some backrow and being like, wutdo?

Synergy: Gorz with backrow and a field spell card is kinda pointless.
Wonder Wand, Bound Wand, Arcane Barrier aren't really fitting of the deck itself.
Dark Armed Dragon with Necrovalley, wait what.
Some cards just don't fit with each other. Not saying you couldn't try building a wonder wand arcane barrier version of GK's.

The random single copies of stuff you have in the deck just splashed in:
SOMETIMES, there are some cards you might want to just splash in at 1. Usually they're staples/limited/hurt consistency. But having 1/2 copies of just everything together will make the deck crazy inconsistent and end up hurting you in the long run. You need to pick a strategy and stick with it. Having 2 copies of everything you think is good and 1 copy of everything that you might need is really "not worth it".

Sorry for being a bit harsh but here are somethings to make you feel better a bit (sorry sorry D: if I offended you)

You have 42 cards! yay! 40-42 is good.
Have a full extra deck and side. Always do this. I don't care if you're playing exodia. Get it! Always expand your options. And don't give away your deck by having 0 cards in extra.
You have a theme/idea! GK's! woohoo!
Obviously recognize some power cards such as trag, gorz, DAD, monster reborn.

Deckbuilding: Ah here it is!
Let's just start off with what GK's are. GK's are a kind of control/stun/anti-meta kind of deck.
Which means. They will usually use spell and traps that keep card advantage in your favor and restricting your opponent from using certain resources. Which means, heavy backrow, monsters that give you advantage, slower spell lineup.

What you need:

1st: The spell line up. Where GKs are broken.

3x Necrovalley
This card wins games. Your opponent can't recycle resources in the graveyard. Drulers, fate, monster reborn, etc. Not to mention the 500/500 boost for GK monsters.

2x Royal Tribute
Probably one of the most broken cards in the game. Paired up with EEV against an aggro/swarm deck means your opponent basically loses the game. Having two in hand is overkill, but it's definitely good to get this card. If it were @3 then use 3.

2x Pot of Duality
Deck thins. You don't rely on swarming. You usually set spy/guard/recruiter and end. Gets you to your key cards like Royal Tribute and Necrovalley.

1x Monster Reborn
I might get some hate for this card. But seriously. It's a good card. Having the option of: If my opponent destroys Necrovalley and doesn't win, I can use reborn.

2nd: Backrow for ages. Essential for Control/Stun decks.

Compulsory Evacuation Device, Bottomless Trap Hole, Fiendish Chain, Mirror Force, Solemn Judgment, Solemn Warning, Dark Bribe, Starlight Road, Deck Devastation Virus, Eradicator Epidemic Virus

You can change up the consistency yourself by testing. You don't have to use all of them.

CED: Probably one of the best backrow in the game. Bounces any monster and easily chainable.

Bottomless: Wow. This card is 1-for-1 removal that doesn't target. With ignition priority removed, this card is amazing.

Fiendish Chain: Very, very annoying card to deal with. Locks down key effect monsters for your monsters to clean up (which we'll get to in a second). Easy to chain.

Mirror Force: This card. Although not so great in that it can't be chainable, it offers protection in the battle phase from big pushes. Try not to go 1-for-1 with this card unless you're about to lose or know they have starlight road. Sometimes, taking damage isn't a bad thing.

Solemn Judgment: Just a good card. Takes a bit of thought when activating this card. Need to keep in mind the opponent's potential to bait it out or push after. Though if you don't have starlight/bribe to protect your backrow from heavy storm, use it.

Solemn Warning: Amazing card to negate summons. Don't use too early on some plays unless you know your opponent can't swarm again, i.e. double rekindling. Takes some thought to use.

Dark Bribe: This card, while not being able to actually do much, can shut down your opponents sometimes if used properly. May have to get used to using this card but overall it's a good card to protect your necrovalley/backrow or stop your opponent from gaining crazy advantage, i.e. super rejuvenation.

Starlight Road: Stops Heavy Storm. 'nuff said.

Deck Devastation Virus: Deadly against some decks. Royal Tribute is good but sometimes you don't get it. This card shuts down Wind-Ups, 3axis Fire Fist, baby drulers, little blue opsunuva(yea you get it) and Jowgen, hand-traps. just to name a few.

Eradicator Epidemic Virus: OHMAHGAWD THIS CARD IS AMAZING. Spellbooks Stomper, Fire Fist Faceroll, Anti-meta Annihilation, the list goes on. But how are you going to use it? (hehehe, explained later in monsters)

There are some other good backrow that I did not mention purely because I do not have all day.
But YEA play around with these cards, mess with the consistency a bit, test.

3rd: GK monster lineup.
Okay here, we can deviate a lot.
Now I could just give you a list of what you could try out, but here are the ones that kinda fit with the whole idea and loop kinda.

Gravekeeper's Spy
Though setting cards is kinda bad, it gives you an extra monster when attacked. Since Nobleman of Crossout is barely played, this card is preeeetty awesome dough. Searches out another monster you need and places it on the field. You can protect this card with backrow then push next turn by flip summoning. 2500DEF with Necrovalley is no joke either. Can get descendant to pop next turn.

Gravekeeper's Commandant
Why you don't need terraforming. Either searches Necrovalley or summon for beat or descendant pops. Deck thins too.

Gravekeeper's Guard
Great card to spin a monster on the field back to the hand. Kinda like CED, but also, might be a little slow (which isn't really a problem)

Gravekeeper's Recruiter
This card, is amazing. It helps keep hand advantage. Its effect is mandatory which means it doesn't miss timing. Works with descendant like a boss.

Gravekeeper's Descendant
"Finally you get to this card? You've been mentioning it for days!"
This card. THIS CARD. Is amazing. Tribute to pop. With backrow and recruiter/spy, you keep advantage. In the grave, your opponent can't really recycle those cards when you have necrovalley.
2000ATK beater with Necrovalley is surprisingly decent too.

Gravekeeper's Assailant
This card is kinda iffy. It's an out to some good cards and works like tsukuyomi. I wouldn't REALLY want to use this, but sometimes you need it.

Malefic Stardust Dragon
This card is your goto EEV target. You use a field spell. You play stun. Might as well have a 2500 beater on the field. Prevents Necrovalley from being destroyed. Amazing card.

What you should consider not running:

The rest of the GK's have mediocre effects.
Chief for aggro/swarm? wut, that really isn't your deck.
Visionary for boss monster? Malefic Stardust is better, though I would consider running 1 or 2 just because it's an EEV target and works with the whole GK thing.
Cannonholder/Curse for burn? Not your deck. You don't really want to run these.
Priestess for stat boost? nop just nop.
Spearsoldier for pierce? real.
Watcher for Dark Worlds? Wait, no really what does this card really do?lul
Vassal for wtf? WTF?

And of course, you can test out any of these, find the build for you. You could try out some other monsters if you really like. But honestly, recruiter/descendant/spy/commandant is pretty amazing.

GK stun has done well for a very very long time and is almost always viable. The graveyard is such a vital utility to so many decks and Necrovalley shuts those decks down. Having access to recruiter, commandant, DDV, EEV, and Royal Tribute, gives the deck easy ways to control hand advantage. Descendant/spy/malefic stardust offer board presence and can generate a whole bunch of advantage.

The side deck and extra deck are a bit too much for me to explain. Side deck is just for countering the meta or helping out bad matchups (which are kinda...nonexistant? 4axis fire fist is pretty good against this but. yah. and some other stuff but...) Extra deck, you're going to put some rank4's that are good (key beetle, maestroke, etc) maybe one rank 3 in case double recruiter and no response and you need it. Stardust dragon if you're running starlight road/malefic stardust (nobrainer).

Alright! Well have fun with testing out your new-and-improved deck made by yourself! Deckbuilding is a tough process with rigorous amounts of testing and thought placed into it. Although I'm not against netdecking, you need to realize that every deck has a certain potential and you need to exploit that potential. Find the key cards that you know will make you win and utilize them! Have fun!

Took more than 30min but haha <3
FutureOracle
FutureOracle
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:35 pm

either play 2 d prison or none
vortex is bad