Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YGOPro Integration

+3
Zykan
Octavia Melody (traitor)
Shameless
7 posters

Go down

YGOPro Integration Empty YGOPro Integration

Post by Shameless Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:20 pm

It has come to my attention that we've, surprisingly, have not integrated a YGOPro system into this forum. So I suggest we do so, and more specifically, we integrate the DevPro-YGOPro system with this forum.

Why?

First, "DevPro" is easier to communicate with other members, as well as participate in dueling than "Percy". It also has no bugs, viruses, cookies, and spyware that logs your keystrokes like "Dawn of a New Era."

Second, although this is beyond obvious, it's free. And, while being free, it's internal structure is completely editable and painlessly easy to understand after a bit of logical instruction. On top of that, since I'm already familiar with the program, I can give classes on how to use it properly--everything from simply PMing players, to hosting/joining duels, to changing card art, and so on...

Third, if anyone is worried about getting people to join the forum, most people are just as willing to join this place as people who derp around on Dueling Network. I also have deep connections with both the admin group, and the Illuminati, of DevPro; as well as the fact that my name is pretty well known (and somewhat respected) around the main chat areas, and most people will be willing to at least see and try things that I ask.

Fourth, it'll lead to ALOT more activities around the forum, as well as a much larger and more diverse crowd around the forums as well. We could (hopefully) start doing weekly tournaments due to the influx of people who simply just want to duel.

If anyone wishes to check out, download, and play this system I'll provide a download link below. If there are questions, concerns, and various other banter, either post below or PM me. I'll be glad fill, or address, some doubts and confusion about this system and it's use.

Website link: DevPro
Shameless
Shameless
Tester
Tester

Contribution : 210
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

YGOPro Integration Empty Re: YGOPro Integration

Post by Octavia Melody (traitor) Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:26 pm

You fail to mention the horrid player base, tons of glitched and/or incorrect card text, cards that are not announced being playable, the meta which differs completely from any realistic situation, the lack of a PM system, the timers, the horrid user interface, and the lack of an ability to judge players as they would play in real life rather than having the system do rulings for them.
Octavia Melody (traitor)
Octavia Melody (traitor)
Banned
Banned

Contribution : 161
Warning : Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Shameless Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Octavia Melody wrote:You fail to mention the horrid player base, tons of glitched and/or incorrect card text, cards that are not announced being playable, the meta which differs  completely from any realistic situation, the lack of a PM system, the timers, the horrid user interface, and the lack of an ability to judge players as they would play in real life rather than having the system do rulings for them.

Rebuttal one: There is horrid userbase everywhere within the realm of YGO, so that argument is completely invalid. As a matter of fact, the userbase used to be quite friendly and open. That is, until, it got popular enough and started attracting the crowd of trolls and noobs from other free-to-use YGO Programs.

Rebuttal two: All card issues are generally fixed within a week or less. The program isn't perfect because its an .exe file, and all cards are put in through a complex series of CSS. You're an ungrateful piece of scum if you're going to complain about glitches and issues, when the only ones to arise are when new cards are added--which are sometimes added prematurely because the player base is too needy about not having it within hours of the card being announced. All other "problems" with the system were rolled out months ago when a few admins, myself, and large player base kicked the crap out of the leading admins for attempting to do something drastically stupid.

Rebuttal three: If you can't figure out how to PM players (when it's the same exact way you PM players on DN), then I can only feel pity for you. The system is easy to use if you'd just learn to read and be patient with your reading, instead of being so prissy and expecting everything to fall into your hands and work exactly how you want it to work.

Rebuttal four: The system actually works exactly how things work in live tournaments. You make a misplay, you CANNOT take it back. Period. If you try, it's considered cheating. Timers also exist in tournaments, and are there to prevent stalling, just like the timers in DevPro. You can still accurately judge people with DevPro because the system itself will correct them. All you have to do is explain why. The testing system will work just as effectively as it does on DN as it does with DevPro

Rebuttal five: Everything you just complained about is what makes the userbase so "horrible", as you've stated. Instead of appreciating how much effort the unpaid programmers put into this project, in which they're unpaid while still having to pay for this system, everyone complains about a single minor inconvenience like it's the end of all days.
Shameless
Shameless
Tester
Tester

Contribution : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Octavia Melody (traitor) Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:19 pm

In a real tournament, there is no limit to how long a turn can take. It has nothing to do with stalling if I'm making plays this entire time I should not lose because of it. And no, you cannot accurately judge, as the player cannot use cards incorrectly. And the short time I managed to make myself suffer through on that program, I was plagued by rage-quitters, huge amounts of degenerate decks, and being constantly frustrated with the user interface, such as clicking the option to summon an extra deck monster, and not having summoned any monster, but not being able to back out of the extra deck, or clicking on my grave when there was an effect monster in it and being forced to use the effect rather than seeing the grave.
Octavia Melody (traitor)
Octavia Melody (traitor)
Banned
Banned

Contribution : 161
Warning : Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Zykan Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:51 pm

just would like to note that DevPro incorrectly handles open gamestate, meaning that one of the biggest parts in the game is completely wrong...players who use it often seem to be the worst about understanding general rulings and usually don't understand PSCT - because it is completely done for them.

Players are free to use it but it should never be truly supported here, at least until it fixes its major flaws.
Zykan
Zykan
Judge
Judge

Contribution : 558

http://crypticshaiya.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix King Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:51 am

No, I have no problem with it being used for BA and Shadow Duels, but nothing more, having Pro exclusive toruneys means someone has to download it, and that in itself is a horrid experience.

Tavi is right about some things, YGOpro does not hard translate cards, they user YGO wikia(Which uses google translate), so in the terms of being accurate, YGOpro is not accurate.
Phoenix King
Phoenix King
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelic One Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Hey!

While over viewing this thread of opinions/facts about Devpro, I really don't think its a reliable system for XDA to use atm. It's a bit clanky and cant be trusted to do what XDA needed a dueling simulator to perform. Hope others share the same opinion as me, maybe sometime in the future-ish?
Angelic One
Angelic One
Administrator
Administrator

Contribution : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm

im familiar with devpro too
i like this idea but i dont have devpro downloaded yet because im to lazy e_e
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:33 pm

Rebuttal four: The system actually works exactly how things work in live tournaments. You make a misplay, you CANNOT take it back. Period. If you try, it's considered cheating.

Man if I had a penny for every time I accidentally clicked something I didn't mean to I'd be rich. Devpro
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix King Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:13 am

Rebuttal four: The system actually works exactly how things work in live tournaments. You make a misplay, you CANNOT take it back. Period. If you try, it's considered cheating.

Actually, this is wrong, because irl you can call out nick names of cards, cards that exist, for cards that require you to declare a card name, and it will work. Devpro does not have that, irl, if you make a misplay that is impossible to do in the gamestate, you are supposed to correct it.

Devpro completely takes this kind of real life realism out.
Phoenix King
Phoenix King
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down