Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warzone Off topic questions

+3
Thought
ThunderChidori
Sylveraine
7 posters

Go down

Warzone Off topic questions Empty Re: Warzone Off topic questions

Post by Sylveraine Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:12 pm

Questions.

1. You noted OTK Decks as banned. There's a difference between FTK and OTK. May I assume they got mixed up? OTK decks is a wide perspective. Decks that are meant to OTK. Control Decks, that have consistent OTK's. Control decks that can pull off OTK's. Sacky OTK's. Banning all OTK's, leaves you with passive Deck against passive Deck.

2. DevPro / YGOpro. Can we use these Duels systems? Since it rules, that we have to provide screenshots. Is it still allowed to use said systems?

3. What happens when Player A wins against Player B, and neither have any screen shots, while Player B says A never won? What will be punishment, what will be consequences?

I'm just trying to get some things clear for myself,hence the questions. Zero referred me here, apparently, since this is an event which also entails XDA affiliates. I'm ODA Administrator, hence possible interest here, and that we can post this announcement [link] on ODA as well.

Sylveraine.
Sylveraine
Sylveraine
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 4
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Sylveraine wrote:Questions.

1. You noted OTK Decks as banned. There's a difference between FTK and OTK. May I assume they got mixed up? OTK decks is a wide perspective. Decks that are meant to OTK. Control Decks, that have consistent OTK's. Control decks that can pull off OTK's. Sacky OTK's. Banning all OTK's, leaves you with passive Deck against passive Deck.

2. DevPro / YGOpro. Can we use these Duels systems? Since it rules, that we have to provide screenshots. Is it still allowed to use said systems?

3. What happens when Player A wins against Player B, and neither have any screen shots, while Player B says A never won? What will be punishment, what will be consequences?

I'm just trying to get some things clear for myself,hence the questions. Zero referred me here, apparently, since this is an event which also entails XDA affiliates. I'm ODA Administrator, hence possible interest here, and that we can post this announcement [link] on ODA as well.

Sylveraine.
by banning OTK/FTK we mean decks that are meant to OTK/FTK you can do them if you can.
if no one confirms and no screenshots are posted then the game never happened
all duels must be on DN
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Sylveraine.
Excellent questions.

1. What we mean by FTK/OTK is about the FTK/OTK DECKS. You may not use a deck that has the SOLE PURPOSE of defeating your opponent in one turn. If you have an awesome deck that just so happened to be able to knock out your opponent in one turn, then fantastic. The only decks you will be prohibited from using in this case are decks that will, 95% of the time, set you up for a one-turn-kill using the SAME or SIMILAR strategies.

2. You may not use DevPro or YGOPro. While it is understood that DevPro has its merits, the large majority of people here only have DN, and it will be best not to mix the two up to prevent confusion between the DN'ers and the DevPro users.

3. To post a win, you MUST either have a screenshot or a confirmation from your opponent of the result. If you do not have a screenshot, and your opponent is in disagreement with you, the entire duel will be canceled out. ALWAYS TAKE SCREENSHOTS DURING TOURNAMENTS!

If you do not have a screenshot but your opponent confirms that what you said is correct, that is also perfectly acceptable. However, you can't expect everyone to be absolutely trustworthy around here (although I am sure no one would actually lie...), so it's always, always, always best to play it safe.

Also, note that if you lie about a result yet your opponent has a screenshot validating his/her claim, you will not only get the loss, but also be disqualified from the tournament and receive 2 on-site Warnings.

Hope I answered your questions sufficiently.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:20 pm

Thought wrote:

Sylveraine.
Excellent questions.

1. What we mean by FTK/OTK is about the FTK/OTK DECKS. You may not use a deck that has the SOLE PURPOSE of defeating your opponent in one turn. If you have an awesome deck that just so happened to be able to knock out your opponent in one turn, then fantastic. The only decks you will be prohibited from using in this case are decks that will, 95% of the time, set you up for a one-turn-kill using the SAME or SIMILAR strategies.

2. You may not use DevPro or YGOPro. While it is understood that DevPro has its merits, the large majority of people here only have DN, and it will be best not to mix the two up to prevent confusion between the DN'ers and the DevPro users.

3. To post a win, you MUST either have a screenshot or a confirmation from your opponent of the result. If you do not have a screenshot, and your opponent is in disagreement with you, the entire duel will be canceled out. ALWAYS TAKE SCREENSHOTS DURING TOURNAMENTS!

If you do not have a screenshot but your opponent confirms that what you said is correct, that is also perfectly acceptable. However, you can't expect everyone to be absolutely trustworthy around here (although I am sure no one would actually lie...), so it's always, always, always best to play it safe.

Also, note that if you lie about a result yet your opponent has a screenshot validating his/her claim, you will not only get the loss, but also be disqualified from the tournament and receive 2 on-site Warnings.

thx for restating what i just said >_>
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelic One Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:42 pm

ThunderChidori wrote:
Thought wrote:

Sylveraine.
Excellent questions.

He did restate some, but he answered the user in a detailed fasion making sure he hits all the points, but you just did a statement.
Angelic One
Angelic One
Administrator
Administrator

Contribution : 500

Back to top Go down

Warzone Off topic questions Empty Warzone Off topic questions

Post by Minerva Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Oneforall wrote:
ThunderChidori wrote:
Thought wrote:

Sylveraine.
Excellent questions.

He did restate some, but he answered the user in a detailed fasion making sure he hits all the points, but you just did a statement.
you guys! kidd is bothered.
Minerva
Minerva
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 243
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by markmeena Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:02 pm

wut is exodia platinum
markmeena