Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lenexa, Kansas 9-14-13 regionals review

3 posters

Go down

Lenexa, Kansas 9-14-13 regionals review Empty Lenexa, Kansas 9-14-13 regionals review

Post by ObliviBlitz Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Ok, so I saw a locals recap posted by NerfMkplz, and I decided to do a recap of my regionals.

So, the day started out for me fairly early, waking up around 7 am United States Central time. I got up, made my bed, got dressed, shaved, ate (usual preparations for me). Around 8:15 am, my mom and I go to pick up my friend Zach for the regionals. After some time driving, we finally arrive at Collector's Cache in Lenexa, Kansas where the regionals was being held, arriving around 9 am. I had to get some cards for my deck still, so I called out if anyone had any Evilswarm Kerykeions for trade, since I still needed 2 for my deck. I managed to trade for one for a Master of Blades, Evilswarm Bahamut, Imperial Iron Wall, and common Mezuki. I also managed to buy the third I needed from the store for $20. After finishing off my deck, I sat down, and wrote down my decklist. After finishing the decklist, Zach and I got in line to submit our lists. I get to the front of the line, pay my $20 entrance fee, showed my driving permit, and got my 5 packs of Judgment of the Light. I did fairly well on the pulls, getting an ultimate rare Star Eater and a super Fire King Avatar Yaksha. After about another hour, the list of who all is entered is posted. Another 15 minutes or so, the round 1 pairings are posted.

Here we go.

Round 1: I take my seat and wait for my opponent to sit down. A couple minutes later, he arrives. Before we're allowed to start the round, we're told the rules of the regionals (you can't buy cards from others, stuff like that) and told that there were 320 entrants, resulting in 9 rounds of swiss and 48 people would get a Nationals invite. After that, we're allowed to start the round. I find out I'm facing Fire Kings. I lose the dice roll, and he decides to go first. Game one doesn't last long, since I get Evilswarm Ophion out fast and control the board. Game 2 I'm not able to do anything due to Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror, making it so he can get his Garuda fast, since Ophion can no longer stop him from summoning him, after that, it's just a matter of time before that game ends. Game 3 ended sorta like Game 2, but time was called, so we go to the 5 turns, me being turn 0. After the 4th turn of the 5 turns (my last turn of the match) I top an Evilswarm Mandragora, so with nothing able to help against his Yaksha, I scoop, giving him the match.
Winner: Fire Kings 2-1

Round 2: I go to my seat, and get my stuff ready for the match. My opponent shows up, we shuffle, die roll (I lose this one), and he decides to go first when we can start. A couple minutes later, we're given the ok to start. On his second turn, he gets Final Countdown going, after I summoned Ophion and searched for Pandemic. My second turn, I burn the other material for Ophion, searching Infestation Infection, normal Kerykein, banish and get Castor from my grave, normal Castor and normal Thunderbird off of Castor. I overlay the Kerykeion and Castor for Bahamut, and steal his Cyber Valley. I use his Valley with my materialess Ophion to draw 2 cards. but it just goes downhill from here. He wins Game 1 due to Countdown. Game 2 I side in Macro Cosmos, Thunder King, and Mind Crushes. I open up the Macro, but he still gets the Countdown going on me. Turn 15 he Dualitys for One Day ofPeace, and waits for turn 19 for it, though I scooped at turn 18, since he used Zero Gardna's effect on me upon attack declaration, and I figured he had game due to the One Day of Peace.
Winner: Final Countdown 2-0

After this match, there was a break for lunch, and everyone had to be back by 2:00 pm or they'd be dropped.
Round 3: I go to me seat which is in the back room, since the main room didn't have enough room for all the entrants. I'm facing Lightsworns, he wins the die roll and goes first when we're allowed to start. He quickdraws with Solar Recharge plays, sets a monster, and ends turn. I activate Dark Hole, since I pretty much called the Ryko, which it was. I summon Castor and Thunderbird, overlay into Ophion, search out Pandemic, and attack. Play resumes with me winning the opening game of the match with Gagaga Cowboy. I side in the Kycoo, Macro Cosmos, Thunder King, Mind Crush, and Dimensional Fissure. He goes first Game 2, and it's just LS beating me down, with a Cowboy for game. Game 3 I don't side anything out. I go first, summoning Kycoo, setting some cards, and passing turn. He goes, and I activate the Macro Cosmos I had set. He summons Lumina, attacks Kycoo, and attempts to use Honest. We called a judge over to see if this was legal, because Macro was already active, he's not able to drop Honest. Next turn I summon Kerykeion and attack with both. Play continues on until I win.
Winner: me 2-1

Round 4: I head to my seat, get ready, and wait for my opponent. He takes his seat, we die roll, with him getting to go first. He opens Spellbook of Judgment, searches and summons Magician, and searched either Spellbook Star Hall or Spellbook of the Master. He uses Star Hall, activates Master, revealing Tower, but I don't remember what he searched off it. My turn I go into Ophion. I continue attacking until I drop him to 0. Game 2 I side in Macro, Thunder King, Nightmare, and Mind Crushes. He goes first, and pretty much does the same thing as Game 1, so I try to play off him the same way I did Game 1, which works to my advantage because of Macro Cosmos stopping him from going over 1 removal for Fate. He tried to make a push by using MST on Macro, but I kept the Effect Veilers in my deck. He summons Temperance, which I immediately Veiler, he ends turn there. I top a Heliotrope, and attack over Temperance with Ophion, but he manages to push the Temperance up to 2000 attack due to Star Hall. I attack with Heliotrope for game and match.
Winner: me 2-0

Round 5: Game 1 was pretty one sided, he managed to Hieratic loop a little, but the first Atum he dropped I Veiler, so he ends his turn there. My turn, I summon out Ophion and attack over the Atum. Search out Pandemic, and set the rest of my hand (go Infernity player, jk). After a couple of turns I attack with Ophion, Kerykeion, and Heliotrope, M2 overlay into Cowboy, game. Game 2 was just him controlling me with a Rivalry of Warlords, so I couldn't do anything that game. Game 3 I start out by summoning Thunderbird, set some cards, and pass turn. He goes, sommons nothing but sets some cards. My turn I top another Thunderbird, which I normal summon. Upon summoning, he drops Flying "C" which I Compulsory Evac Device so I can go into Ophion. After a few turns, he has nothing, so he scoops and gives me the match.

Round 6: I actually don't remember much about what happened much this game, except the results, which was him winning Games 1 and 3 and that he was using Dragon Ruler Synchro.
Winner: Dragon Ruler Synchro 2-1

Round 7: Game 1 I summon Ophion using Castor and something else. He just isn't able to do anything since he didn't draw anything useful, so I wasn't able to really know what to side it, so I went with my gut instinct, which didn't work out very well. My first turn of the game, I only manage to get a Lavalval Chain out, and some set backrow, Chain to put Rescue Rabbit on top of my deck. His next turn he manages to OTK me, even if I was to use the set Forbidden Lance, it would've been game anyways, since he would've dealt a total of 8800 damage. Game 3 I managed to get a successful Maxx "C" out when he declared Dragunity Phalanx's effect, with him synchroing I managed to top enough for the next few turns. He ended with a Colossal Fighter. My turn I summon out Ophion. He doesn't respond, so I use my Pandemic, chaining Lance on Colossal, which he chains Eradicator Epidemic Virus, calling traps. I reveal my hand, showing just another Pandemic and a Grand Mole. No matter what he was to do his next turn, I would've had game, since he searched Phalanx to hand since all 3 Dux and both Legionnaire were in his grave. He set the Dux and passed turn. I top and reveal the Heliotrope, normal the Heliotrope, attack the Phalanx then attack for game with Ophion.

Round 8: Game 1 I OTK him on my second turn after having Ophion on board with him summoming Card Trooper on his turn. I summon Castor and Kerykeion, banish one of the Evilswarms in grave to add Heliotrope to hand from Grave, which I then summon with Kerykeion's other effect. I then overlay the Kerykeion and Castor for Bahamut, detatch and drop to steal his Trooper, mill 3, and attack for game. Game 2 he controls me with Koa'ki Meiru Drago and Raigeki Break, so he just gets an easy Game 2 win. Game 3 is a different story however, I opened Kycoo and set some cards. He used Tidal's effect, pitching it and another Tidal to dump Tempest. He attempted to use Redox's effect to summon itself, but couldn't due to Kycoo preventing him from banishing from his grave. Game continues like this for a couple more minutes, until I can make the final push for game and match.

Round 9: This was an easy match, Agents. Game 1 I open off going into Ophion (I seriously made Ophion turn one on almost all of my games. He summons Earth, which I Breakthrough Skill/Veiler (I don't remember which one I used, but it was one of them). I end up pushing for game about 7 minutes into the game. Game 2 goes about the same as Game 1, but I also summoned out Photon Papilloperative so I could kill off his Gachi Gachi Gantetsu. What I thought would be game my next turn when I used Papilloperative, he Veilered so his Herald XYZ monster wouldn't take damage. So I attack the Herald with Photon and attempt for game with Ophion, which he Swift Scarecrows to save himself for one more turn. I set a card and end. Next turn, he summons Venus, which I immediately Compulsory Evac Device since it was screaming Honest. Upon doing so, he called game. I checked my next card, no matter what I had game since I would've topped a Kerykeion.
Winner: me 2-0

Final score of the day: 6-3

Final placing: 64th out of 320, making me top 20% of everyone there. Unfortunately, only top 48 got their Nats invite, which I was really saddened about. I got home around 10:30 at night US Central time.
ObliviBlitz
ObliviBlitz
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 998
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Lenexa, Kansas 9-14-13 regionals review Empty Re: Lenexa, Kansas 9-14-13 regionals review

Post by The Amazing Mr.Absorbency Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Cool story bro

At least you did better than 65

You must've used up all your yah mans

You deserve it for yah manning so hard
The Amazing Mr.Absorbency
The Amazing Mr.Absorbency
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 79
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Lenexa, Kansas 9-14-13 regionals review Empty Re: Lenexa, Kansas 9-14-13 regionals review

Post by NerfMkplz Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Woa woa woa! You got cheated off round 1 and u shouldve had a 2-0. Shadow imprisoning doesnt negate the continous effect of ophion that prevents special summons... You shouldve had 7-2 and got ur Nats invites. You have to know ur rulings. You get out a tons of situations especially in real life. Good job though ^^
NerfMkplz
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by ObliviBlitz Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:21 pm

NerfMkplz wrote:Woa woa woa! You got cheated off round 1 and u shouldve had a 2-0. Shadow imprisoning doesnt negate the continous effect of ophion that prevents special summons... You shouldve had 7-2 and got ur Nats invites. You have to know ur rulings. You get out a tons of situations especially in real life.
A judge even saw that on board when we called one over for a ruling question and never called us on it
ObliviBlitz
ObliviBlitz
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 998
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Post by NerfMkplz Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:26 pm

epicrainbowdashfan wrote:
NerfMkplz wrote:Woa woa woa! You got cheated off round 1 and u shouldve had a 2-0. Shadow imprisoning doesnt negate the continous effect of ophion that prevents special summons... You shouldve had 7-2 and got ur Nats invites. You have to know ur rulings. You get out a tons of situations especially in real life.
A judge even saw that on board when we called one over for a ruling question and never called us on it
Either the judge wasnt paying attention or he though ophion summon was afrer garunix summon.
NerfMkplz
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down