Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homework: Balancing the old and new.

+2
TheFiercedW@rrior
XChaosPrime
6 posters

Go down

Homework: Balancing the old and new. Empty Homework: Balancing the old and new.

Post by XChaosPrime Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:46 am

The cards that are being made anymore that put the older cards to shame. It is a lot easier to xyz summon rather than try to tribune summon. With all the new cards like Dragon Rulers on the rise, how will they make old decks like Red-Eyes Black Dragon become real threats again? This is due on 3/7/2014 with 75 DP being earned.
XChaosPrime
XChaosPrime
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 52
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Homework: Balancing the old and new. Empty Re: Homework: Balancing the old and new.

Post by TheFiercedW@rrior Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:57 pm

What exactly is ther homework? Made a deck with red eyes a threat?
TheFiercedW@rrior
TheFiercedW@rrior
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 612

Back to top Go down

Homework: Balancing the old and new. Empty Re: Homework

Post by XChaosPrime Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:42 pm

Well it is just a discussion actually, all they need to do is discus something that would help the older cards become more effective like the newer cards.
XChaosPrime
XChaosPrime
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 52

Back to top Go down

Homework: Balancing the old and new. Empty Re: Homework: Balancing the old and new.

Post by ~Luvi Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:44 pm

*cough*redeyeswasneveragoodcard
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by ! Yeezus Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Since no one has said anything yet, I suppose i'll post my answer. I think the new Pendulum summon coming soon to OCG will play a big part in making monsters with higher levels more relevant again. Being able to summon Red-Eyes could potential be a thing and even more support cards would maybe come for Red-eyes and older cards in Arv V.

- Yeezus
! Yeezus
! Yeezus
Administrator
Administrator

Contribution : 2501

Back to top Go down

Post by Knight Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:02 pm

@!Prince Red eyes was a cool looking card though
Knight
Knight

Contribution : 778

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:15 am

Randomly going to give my input here. AS for making the older cards come back, it would not be easy. Nor do I even believe Konami intends to do it as a main priority. Here are my arguments for both side.

In Light of the fact that older players want to be nostalgic and play the ever so beloved Dark Magician. It's simply that, nostalgic. If you pull off 1 nice play with him you've done well, but be prepared to eat an XYZ monster effect next turn. The reason for this is because Yugioh is growing old, and like all old things it must evolve. Where as normally nature would take it's course, and push the evolution towards whatever would be best, better than it had been before. Here we rely on writers. Who's to say their ideas are even any good? I'm not saying that XYZ and Synchro are not good, just stating the question that they could, perhaps, not be. They are however faster. Because having all your XYZ and Synchro monster in your extra deck, and not having to draw them making special summoning them a whole lot easier. So the game has evolved to become a bit faster. Thus, making it hard for big beat stick 2 tribute monsters that have to be normal summoned a lot harder to play. Especially since in those cases you have to draw your boss monster from your deck.

Now, on the bright side there are ways to make it... perhaps possible. Like Yeezus said, who knows what all Pendulum summoning will bring to the table. But even beyond that if Konami does wish to make the older cards more playable there are a couple of ways they could go about it.

First and for most, Archtype specific(in most cases) support cards. Look at what Maiden did to blue eyes. And Silvers cry. Not to mention Azure eyes. Just as the game itself can evolve, so can our old favorite cards. And though I believe bring NEW, completely new monsters to the table always will be Konamis FIRST priority, they do in fact bring out new support sometimes. So in summary, to make the older cards more playable, they have to do just that. Make them, more, playable. Easier to summon, easier to search, easier to combo with. Because in todays fast paced format, combos are everything.

Now, the second and less likely scenario, is they slow the game down. How, I'm not exactly sure what with the current formats and such. Putting any sort of break pedal down would likely just cause a mess. But, that is another way it would be easier, and perhaps preferable to tribute summon. Maybe more field cards like Sargaso that penalize people for XYZ summoning etc. In the end, it's all up to time, and Konami, and what they wish to do.

^.^ -Turns in assignment.-
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down