Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ra Homework: Explain this card #1

+6
Holmes10
Sirseano
Kira~
chug26
cheesfactory
~Luvi
10 posters

Go down

Ra Homework: Explain this card #1 Empty Ra Homework: Explain this card #1

Post by ~Luvi Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Explain this card to me, Ra duelists. I want a good paragraph explaining to me this card and it's uses; whether it is useful or useless.

THIS WEEK:

Ra Homework: Explain this card #1 300px-InfernityInfernoTSHD-EN-R-1E

This card has a lot and I mean a lot of controversy over it. Many players find it terrible while another group finds it simply staple. Tell me duelists, how many would you run? Why? Is this card broken or broke? In 3-5 sentences minimum I want you to enlist your thoughts and share your opinions with the world. In doing so, you will reply to this thread and earn yourself from 50 DP to an utmost of 100 DP from a very good answer.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Ra Homework: Explain this card #1 Empty Re: Ra Homework: Explain this card #1

Post by cheesfactory Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:39 pm

The card is pretty basic, you discard 1-2 cards(not as a cost) and send an equal number of infernities from your deck to the grave. It's nice in infernities because if you want to be able to get avenger, necromancer, and archfiend to the grave often for mirage plays or necro plays. It lets you discard them if in your hand, mill them otherwise, and alsp empties your hand to allow infernity effects to go off. The synchro decks used to run 1-2 usually, im not sure if the xyz varients still do(i dont remember it... i played the deck ~4 months ago :<)

I would say its utility is greatly reduced with the now lack of mirage plays, in addition to the existence of lavalval chain. You just don't need it to dump, and with the ridiculously low monster counts that are run in infernities now, too many cards in hand is rarely an issue.
cheesfactory
cheesfactory
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:08 pm

awarded
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by chug26 Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:27 pm

The card is very useful at various times and ways. The card can get rid of cards that need to be in the grave, and on top of that, it can also put cards from the deck to the grave, like a foolish burial. The bad times with this card is basically the timing and the cards that were discarded to the grave when facing an opponent like D.D. Crow or Macro Cosmos or Dimension fissure. I believe this is a useful card and should be at 2 for decks, or 1 depending on what is in the deck.
chug26
chug26
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 13
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira~ Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:37 pm

Inferno in my opinion is a good card because it discarded two cards from your hand ( which may be dead or needed in the grave like plaguespreader ) and sends useful cards to the grave like avenger, Archfiend , or Stygian. Allowing you to use cards like Necromancer, Infernity Launcher, Or Mirage and going off at your opponent for the OTK
Kira~
Kira~
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirseano Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:42 pm

Definitely would run two. Its is a good card, Because it frees up your deck, give you options in your graveyard, and of course with infernities the all important making sure you have nothing in your hand is helped by the fact you discard two.
But i would not run three for the simple fact Its infernities, if your deck is running correctly, You really shouldnt have to be discarding so often.. >.>
Sirseano
Sirseano
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Finally Sir says it. Everyone here was awarded 50 DP btw.

This card is a -3 at best, you have to discard 2 just to set up your grave, a feat very easily done by just playing Infernities like an experience played can do, and still loop TURN 1 rather than 2 or even 3 because of this card. This was a card I once thought amazing when I ran some severe inconsistencies when I was new to the game but as I got better I could not even look this card in the face without having a hint of disgust. But this is my 2 cents; this card can also be insanely broken. Just takes the right build.

thoughtherightbuildwouldn'tuseit
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Holmes10 Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:04 pm

this card is a decent infernity card though the largest controversies go over because it is pointless late game. it is a good card to start with that allows a duelist to discard cards and send the same amount of infernities from deck to grave. this can set up for cards like mirage or launcher, though in my opinion it is terrible. infernities are often run as xyz or avenger build and in both of those a dead draw like inferno can cost the game. though even if it isnt a draw in clutch draw moments, which infernities are based off of, even on first turn it could be worthless when drawn with a decent hand. there are many other effective cards to have and this is one card that will slow down and cause an infernity deck to be inconsistent.
Holmes10
Holmes10
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:07 pm

70 dp awarded
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip Van Winkle Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:51 pm

! Prince wrote:
Explain this card to me, Ra duelists. I want a good paragraph explaining to me this card and it's uses; whether it is useful or useless.

THIS WEEK:

Ra Homework: Explain this card #1 300px-InfernityInfernoTSHD-EN-R-1E

This card has a lot and I mean a lot of controversy over it. Many players find it terrible while another group finds it simply staple. Tell me duelists, how many would you run? Why? Is this card broken or broke? In 3-5 sentences minimum I want you to enlist your thoughts and share your opinions with the world. In doing so, you will reply to this thread and earn yourself from 50 DP to an utmost of 100 DP from a very good answer.
Although I don't play infernities I will try my best to answer!

The card is basic but very good in some ways you see you discard 1-2 cards not as a cost and then discard or well send from your deck to the graveyard the same number of infernities or well in better terms an equal amount infernities to the cards you discarded which makes getting certain monsters like necromancer and avenger and from what I seen dueling these decks be they synchro or xyz variant usually run 2 of these cards maindecked not sided of course.

Anyways I've never played infernities but if I did I'd maindeck 2 of these.
Rip Van Winkle
Rip Van Winkle
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by InfinityX000 Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:05 pm

This card, I would say, is usable but not great. On your second turn, yuo can use it to empty your hand and add some targets for Infernity Launcher. But, I find control traps work better and it won't help too much. It really depends on what infernnity deck. But I have never seen anyone play this card and I think overall it is definitely not a great card, but not a waste either. I wouldn't run any unless I'm out of other cards in which case I would run 2 max.
InfinityX000
InfinityX000
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:41 pm

I'm feeling nice, 100 to both of you.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Ra Homework: Explain this card #1 Empty hmmm

Post by katanoske Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:43 pm

I have never really played the deck nor have I seen anyone who does play the deck use it. This card does seem like a staple for the deck though simply because it allows for quicker infernity plays due to its ditch hand effect as well as putting infernity's in the grave. This would allow for either a I should start recruiting new members for XDA draw to become useful or perhaps a target for a certain effect can now be created. Im not really sure I would call it a bad card but if I did make an infernity deck this card seems like its the perfect staple for a beginner infernity player. If used correctly it could probably save the duel for an infernity player im sure.
katanoske
katanoske
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Rareforce32 Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:55 am

I do play infernitys and i can say this card isnt very good. Typically you want to have no hand and this card can be dead very often once you loose your hand. You could try 1 as tech to get rid of bad hands, but if you know what you're doing, you can usually turn those hands 'round. However if you DO run 1 as tech, you probably wont draw it enough for it to be worth running in the first place.
Rareforce32
Rareforce32
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:44 am

okay.. 50 for kata, 100 for rareforce for finally giving me the answer I was waiting for.

can I get this locked?
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down