Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tektek Tutorial

3 posters

Go down

The Tektek Tutorial Empty The Tektek Tutorial

Post by DC HERO GlohStick Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:02 am

Hello, young Avatar builders. I see you wish to learn the way of the Tektek, something I have mastered by playing, and hunting out items I desperately need. First, I shall bring you to the start of it all: Tektek's Dream Avatar builder: http://www.tektek.org/dream/ Click Dream Free in order to start learning.

You should be past the modern or flash instantly, so let us begin:
Going this way -----> Is the buttons shown:

Black/White: This changes your background to black when clicked, and vice versa. The black can show you the full size of the image, and where items dare not go past.

<-->: Your Avatar starts out flipped, so one click will set it right, but the image will ALWAYS revert to flipped. Unless edited to be flipped by programs on your computer.

SAVE: For when you're finished, you can edit it up, or decide to tag it with a name (Pick something NO ONE should guess easily. EdmundMexorvaz or GlohZodiac will never be found by random names.)

Body: Choose a Male or Female gender with skin color. There are more as Items. Ignore the "Female" selection bar.

Hair: Choose a variaty of colors and styles. These will most likey pop out or be overridden by some hat/head items. There are more Hairs as Items, and they always pop out.

Eyes: Above, but can be easily covered. Eye items exist.

Mouths: Try to get a good expression with your eyes. Few items exist as mouths.

Items: Oh, there's PLENTY to build from.

Outfits: Ignore this.

OK, Let's dive into Item Options!

Item type selection bar: The upper bar this way <---, you can choose from hand/weapon to feet and hats, to wings even.
Color selection bar: The upper bar this way --->, Pick from a rainbow that even holds Beige!
Search bar: This little sucker can produce smaller batches of items at a maximum of 10 full pages. Looking for a "red shirt" But don't want to deal with Tops/Upper+Red? Use this to find specific items by their name or type of item.
SEARCH ALL: This uses the Two upper bars to search out items. Close search if it says nothing was found.
(ITEM TYPE)/(COLOR): This uses the two upper bars and the Search Bar to sniff out items.close search if nothing was found.

Side Bar: Where you can rearrange Items that may overlap or can shuffle in front of each other when taken off and placed back on. Drag and drop to move item layerings. There are three buttons to each item when on this list/bar:
X: Delete this item.
Gear: Make the Item disappear until it is clicked again. Invisible items are grey on the list/bar until they reappear, which means visible = White.
?: Just useless button for statistics on the item. You may find a related item here though, but I highly suggest ignoring this button.

I may add moar, but watch Item layering with drag and drop, use the Gear to test multiple items at once for best fit, and make them awesome!
DC HERO GlohStick
DC HERO GlohStick
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 296
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

The Tektek Tutorial Empty Re: The Tektek Tutorial

Post by ObliviBlitz Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:55 am

can you possibly help with a Rainbow Dash one? (Reference, just look at my current avatar)
ObliviBlitz
ObliviBlitz
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 998

Back to top Go down

Post by DC HERO GlohStick Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:59 am

Yes I will.They added MLP items (Regrettably) to Tektek, so it's possible to help.
DC HERO GlohStick
DC HERO GlohStick
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Back to top Go down

Post by ObliviBlitz Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:01 pm

thanks, here's a cookie from the darkness team's kitchen
ObliviBlitz
ObliviBlitz
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 998

Back to top Go down

Post by DC HERO GlohStick Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:15 pm

/me takes the cookie which is sprouting shadowy tendrils./ Uhhhh... No problem...
DC HERO GlohStick
DC HERO GlohStick
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Back to top Go down

Post by DC HERO GlohStick Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Ok, if you want to see some of the items I used for this avatar, here is the link:

http://www.tektek.org/avatar/53984029

The Tektek Tutorial Tek51fc462c8b8eb3.41317845

Adding four new examples into my shop, this will be one.
DC HERO GlohStick
DC HERO GlohStick
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amazing Mr.Absorbency Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:25 pm

Dang that's pretty cool

I guess I should do this once I get around to it >>
The Amazing Mr.Absorbency