Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruling Articles #1: SEGOCs(Simultaneous Effects Going On Chain)

5 posters

Go down

Ruling Articles #1: SEGOCs(Simultaneous Effects Going On Chain)  Empty Ruling Articles #1: SEGOCs(Simultaneous Effects Going On Chain)

Post by fluffytots Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:40 pm

Ruling Lesson #1 SEGOC

Hello Xenon Duel Academy,

Today's topic will be, as the header may presume, SEGOC. SEGOC is short for, now try to remember this... "Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain".

It is basically very easy: when multiple effects activate at the same time, each effect has its own precedence over others.

I will demonstrate this using a nice table.

SEGOC Precedence
1. Turn Player Mandatory Effects
2. Non-Turn Player Mandatory Effects
3. Turn Player Optional Effects
4. Non-Turn Player Optional Effects

Note: If two or more effects have the same precedence and trigger at the same time, the appropriate Player gets to choose the order of the effects.
Assume here that the Turn Player activates Card Destruction and discards Broww, Snoww and Grapha, then draws 3 cards. Now, all of the 3 effects have the same precedence, means that Turn Player will be able to decide in which order these effects activate.
A logical order would be Grapha as Chain Link 1, Broww as Chain Link 2 and Snoww as Chain Link 3.

Now, imagine following scenario.

Player A controls a face-up Scrap Beast, has a Meklord Emperor Granel in his hand and then activates Scrapstorm, targeting his Scrap Beast.
Player B controls a face-up King Tiger Wanghu.

Player A sends a Scrap Searcher to the graveyard from his decks, draws a card and simultaneously destroys Scrap Beast.
Now, many triggers have been met at the same time.
Player A can now activate Scrap Beast, Scrap Searcher and Meklord Emperor Granel at the same time, due to all of them having the same precedence in SEGOC: 2.

Assume now that Player A has a Scrap Chimera in his graveyard, chooses to target the same Chimera mentioned with Scrap Beast's effect, then activates Meklord Emperor Granel as Chain Link 2 and, finally, Scrap Searcher as Chain Link 3.
Resolving the chain, Scrap Searcher summons itself, Meklord Emperor Granel summons itself and then Scrap Chimera is added to Player A's hand.

After all this has resolved, Player A's Scrap Searcher now activates and attempts to destroy all non-Scrap monsters on the field.
Additionally, depending on Player A's Life Points, King Tiger Wanghu will trigger once or twice, again, depending on Meklord Emperor Granel's ATK (if Granel's ATK is 1400-, King Tiger Wanghu will trigger twice, otherwise only once).

Another scenario, now with Mandatory Effects.

Player A activates Mermail Abyssmegalo's effect, discarding Atlantean Marksman and Atlantean Dragoons.
Player B has no response to this.
Player A resolves Abyssmegalo's effect and now Atlantean Marksman and Atlantean Dragoons will, due to them being mandatory, activate as Chain Link 1 and 2. A logical order would be Marksman as Chain Link 1 and Dragoons as Chain Link 2.
Additionally, Mermail Abyssmegalo can now activate its effect and attempt to search for an "Abyss" card.

If you have any other questions regarding this, you can now go ahead and ask them.

I will readily answer every question asked.

(I do not own this article but I think this is an amazing reference to this topic)
fluffytots
fluffytots
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 247
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Ruling Articles #1: SEGOCs(Simultaneous Effects Going On Chain)  Empty Re: Ruling Articles #1: SEGOCs(Simultaneous Effects Going On Chain)

Post by ThunderChidori Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 pm

lol i hate trying to explain SEGOC and i need to do it a lot :/
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Ruling Articles #1: SEGOCs(Simultaneous Effects Going On Chain)  Empty Re: Ruling Articles #1: SEGOCs(Simultaneous Effects Going On Chain)

Post by ~Luvi Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:06 pm

link to the original article then. . . and put the entire article in a quote
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by the deadman Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:35 am

SEGOC happens many times in LaDD problems.
the deadman
the deadman
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:37 am

its a manditory eff but it normaly doesnt cause problems... most people know it can only be used once in a chain
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by D.D. Eatos Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:43 am

Didn't I make an article on this already? ._. whatever, Fluffy can take my place while im gone.
D.D. Eatos
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down