Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tester Decks

5 posters

Go down

Tester Decks Empty Tester Decks

Post by lpmcg Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:58 pm

I think that since the testers have had so much time mastering there very own deck , which could eaisly not give many people a chance in 1v1 with the tester , i think that there should be a specific testing deck that the testers actually use , instead of there very own deck , because if your fighting a good duelist , and the tester is using his deck that hes mastered , he will eaisily win and the good duelist will end up in slifer , i think that there should be around about 3 testing decks and the actuall challenger should choose sed deck so that both players are at even ground .
lpmcg
lpmcg
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 12
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Tester Decks Empty Re: Tester Decks

Post by Zykan Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:12 pm

why wouldnt someone who doesnt know how to use there deck end up in Slifer?

You can use a deck that you have mastered for the test, why cant we?

I actually use a much slower and less consistent deck to test people with than my main 1, because it gives me a good idea of how they will react in different situations.

Can they get around my Skill drain?
Can they destroy my monsters?

if your entire deck is ruined by 1 card, then you should have options to get around it (even if it is just side decked)

making me use a deck I am not familiar with would make the tests too easy for someone else (Say you give us a Hieratic deck, and then turn around and run Evilswarm/Bujins. Not gonna be much of a test...)
Zykan
Zykan
Judge
Judge

Contribution : 558

http://crypticshaiya.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackLeg-Sanji Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Duel doesnt matter much anyways. Cause max you get is 5/5 points out of max 55 and the wordt you can get in -3 with losing 2-0. If you arent good enough to win the tester you arent good enough to Enter Obelisk. If you arent good enough to win Tester but have basic game knownledge you still get Ra. If you are disaster and doesnt know much about YGO game you end up in Slifer.

This is how the Testing Rubric is built on. We give ranks about your skills in the YGO not just to give you somekind of a color in the Academy.

I hope this answer was good enough for you and that we turned down your suggestion. Anyways nice you thought about something thing like this.
BlackLeg-Sanji
BlackLeg-Sanji
Administrator
Administrator

Contribution : 1298

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:56 pm

Testers are not punching bags for the testees...we're here to see how well you know the game, and how well you can cope with (probably) our best decks, which is what it's gonna be like in tournaments or events.

Sanji stole the rest of my ideas, so just listen to what he said. >_>
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by {TP} Simply Logic Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:58 pm

I lost 2-0 I got Ra... So even if you dont win a game you can still get Ra.
{TP} Simply Logic
{TP} Simply Logic
Banned
Banned

Contribution : 174
Warning : Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down