Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homework: Numbers

+3
electrimx
TJ
XChaosPrime
7 posters

Go down

Homework: Numbers Empty Homework: Numbers

Post by XChaosPrime Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:49 am

In the anime, they had the rule that Numbers must kill Numbers unless their effect was negated. Why remove this feature? There are so many xyz monsters that are numbers that it would not be that hard to just keep the rule in effect. This is due on 3/7/2014 with up to 75 DP rewarded.

Last edited by XChaosPrime on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
XChaosPrime
XChaosPrime
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 52
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Homework: Numbers Empty Re: Homework: Numbers

Post by TJ Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am

It's not impossible for a deck to have no number monsters. It's also not impossible for a deck to have no effects which destroy. Not a lot of ways for someone in that position to get over the number monsters are there?
TJ
TJ
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 183

Back to top Go down

Post by electrimx Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Because there are some decks that rely on the deck itself and not extra decks. By having this number rule, cards like utopia would be indestructible and could save the player from what should be their defeat.
For example, my favourite deck relies on Yubel. This means that I need to be wise with my cards as I need to pay the tribute to summon and use Yubel, by using XYZ's or Synchros I would eliminate Yubel and it's usefulness from my deck.
electrimx
electrimx
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : -1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:37 am

More or less what the other's said. Number Wall is a card now so that's a thing mayne.

"Activate only if you control a "Number" monster. "Number" monsters on the field cannot be destroyed by card effects, and cannot be destroyed by battle except with another "Number" monster. When a "Number" monster you control is destroyed, destroy this card."

That said, making that a built in feature to every number I agree is insanely dumb. To specifically answer your question as to "Why remove this feature?" Well the answer is simple fairness. By making number some unkillable beat stick you would make it so that players who did not use number cards, or XYZ at all even would have to destroy the opposing monsters with unconventional means. Having destruction prevention built in as an effect is one thing. But when applied to an entire series of Extra deck cards the rule would have been far too trolly.
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by cabelinha Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:36 pm

what we have to do?
cabelinha
cabelinha
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by KennyGee Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:10 pm

The homework is rather unclear and the way you worded the question makes me think that you are asking for agreement. Although this post has already expired and does not matter, I am still confused and would like know how I could answer this in the future.
KennyGee
KennyGee
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffman1997 Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:49 am

Slightly stated, many players wish to challenge themselves and by doing this limit certain cards in their deck and extra deck, say like......the numbers
Buffman1997
Buffman1997
Event Manager
Event Manager

Contribution : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down