Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think pot of greed should be unbanned?

+7
Zykan
Thought
Dark Magician Of Chaos
~Luvi
Gilgamesh
ThunderChidori
Kyonaru
11 posters

Go down

Do you think pot of greed should be unbanned? Empty Do you think pot of greed should be unbanned?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:06 pm

Don't you think banning pot of greed is a bit much? Think about it...
All you do is draw 2 cards which is a big advantage yes, but certainly not worth banning but perhaps restricting... What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Do you think pot of greed should be unbanned? Empty Re: Do you think pot of greed should be unbanned?

Post by Kyonaru Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:10 pm

Because a single card that may allow insane comebacks is healthy for the game, just like Sixth Sense. We have so many 2 card combos that win the game on their own, and we don't need more staples imo. Why unban an unhealthy card for the game? There's no reason to do it, I hope they ban Sixth Sense and end it there with the staples. The game is alright as it is now. Maybe kill rulers and nerf mermails a bit, then YGO will be pretty balanced.

So...nope. It shouldn't be unbanned.
Kyonaru
Kyonaru
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 798
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Do you think pot of greed should be unbanned? Empty Re: Do you think pot of greed should be unbanned?

Post by ThunderChidori Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:22 pm

i agree with kyo and there isn't much to add
i can see where your coming from thinking a + 1 advantage isn't to broken but it really is... think about how many decks just need 1 or 2 cards to give themselves insane advantage
if your logic is "they unbanned sixth sense why not unban pot of greed which could potentially give you less advantage" its terrible.
just drawing 2 cards could put your opponent in a losing position..
there isn't a single restriction to pot of greed either which doesn't give the other player room to at least gain advantage or a chance to win
pot of greed allows people to easily sack into their win condition or an OTK of some kind
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilgamesh Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Pot of Greed needs to stay banned. You can active it in MP1 and use the cards right there. Yes, Cardcar D lets you draw two but at the cost of your normal, no SS and it ends your phase. I am with Kyonaru on this one. Sorry man.
Gilgamesh
Gilgamesh
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyonaru Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:26 pm

ThunderChidori wrote:i agree with kyo and there isn't much to add
i can see where your coming from thinking a + 1 advantage isn't to broken but it really is... think about how many decks just need 1 or 2 cards to give themselves insane advantage
if your logic is "they unbanned sixth sense why not unban pot of greed which could potentially give you less advantage" its terrible.
there isn't a single restriction to pot of greed either which doesn't give the other player room to at least gain advantage or a chance to win
pot of greed allows people to easily sack into their win condition or an OTK of some  kind
They didn't really "unban" Sixth Sense. They simply limited it since it was an OCG exclusive until recently, when Konami decided to print it in TCG.
We actually had an emergency banlist, otherwise Sixth Sense would have been at 3.
I guess Konami wanted to experiment with it instead of straight out banning it, which is good since it came midway through the format and we don't have to keep it for too long.
Kyonaru
Kyonaru
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:55 pm

Kyonaru wrote:
ThunderChidori wrote:i agree with kyo and there isn't much to add
pot of greed allows people to easily sack into their win condition or an OTK of some  kind
They didn't really "unban" Sixth Sense. They simply limited it since it was an OCG exclusive until recently, when Konami decided to print it in TCG.
We actually had an emergency banlist, otherwise Sixth Sense would have been at 3.
I guess Konami wanted to experiment with it instead of straight out banning it, which is good since it came midway through the format and we don't have to keep it for too long.
i'm actually aware of that but when i knew it would be released i thought konami would do the same thing they did with temple of the kings which was banned upon release in TCG
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyonaru Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Temple of the Kings is FARRRRRRRRRRRRR too broken. It allows TONS of FTKs and abuse, unlike Sixth Sense. That's why they insta-banned it. Don't even compare a spell that works like Makyura to a trap card that is based on luck as a whole, and can either give you insane plusses or lose you a game because you rolled a 1. I mean, Temple of the Kings can either win you a game or win you a game. Which is better?
Anyway, as much as I don't agree with the fact that they decided to make the game slightly more based on luck, I respect Konami's decision to experiment with a card like Sixth Sense. Unlike some time ago they have actually made wise decisions this format and I hope they keep thinking like this.
#praisekonami
Kyonaru
Kyonaru
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:02 pm

#konamioursaviour
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Magician Of Chaos Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:29 pm

Pot of Greed should be banned, too broken lol.

They should bring Monster Reborn back.
Dark Magician Of Chaos
Dark Magician Of Chaos
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:52 pm

2 cards can mean the difference between a win and a loss, especially in late game situations. Hell, sometimes ONE card can mean that difference. It should never come back.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by Zykan Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:54 pm

woot, first turn Exodia abuse .-.
Never bring it back...
Zykan
Zykan
Judge
Judge

Contribution : 558

http://crypticshaiya.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by White Rose Dragon Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:14 pm

Do you think pot of greed should be unbanned? Tumblr_m8trwjKpAr1rxevt4o1_500
White Rose Dragon
White Rose Dragon
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 587
Warning : 2nd Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyonaru Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:08 am

Dark Magician Of Chaos wrote:Pot of Greed should be banned, too broken lol.

They should bring Monster Reborn back.
Reborn should stay banned too. One card comebacks are never good, and the only thing it does is enable more OTKs. If you need Reborn to win you deserve to lose that duel.
Kyonaru
Kyonaru
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:23 pm

I feel like White Rose stalks you and votes you up.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by White Rose Dragon Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:26 pm

! Prince wrote:I feel like White Rose stalks you and votes you up.
?
White Rose Dragon
White Rose Dragon
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 587
Warning : 2nd Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by CyanTheEliteDuelist Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:27 pm

I agree that Pot of Greed should stay banned, but people are saying that "insane comebacks" are unhealthy. In that case, almost every duel involving a protagonist in any Yu-Gi-Oh! series is unhealthy, as almost all of them involved comebacks by the protagonist.
CyanTheEliteDuelist
CyanTheEliteDuelist
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lavii~ Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:45 pm

I think it would send mixed messages. It would really help out slower decks that need the draw power, but then again literally every deck in existence would use and abuse it. It's a free +1. I think it should stay banned just like every other broken staple. Remember when Snatch Steal came back and it was a staple in every deck? It'd be the same for pot of greed.
Lavii~
Lavii~
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by LGM Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:38 pm

This topic was created over 2 years ago. Please read the rules, and not post in any inactive topics. Topic locked. https://xenonduelacademy.forumotion.com/t1157-xenon-duel-academy-rules
LGM
Administrator
Administrator

Contribution : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum