Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highlander tournament - "Newlander"

+2
TheRealSirShady
~Luvi
6 posters

Go down

Highlander tournament - "Newlander" Empty Highlander tournament - "Newlander"

Post by ~Luvi Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Sir Rai and I have an interest in a certain type of Yu-Gi-Oh format: highlander. In Highlander every card is limited to 1 in the main, side, and extra decks respectively. It causes for a bit longer duels but the duels are very intense and give a sense of fun and accomplishment. Skill level is required but only in deck building. When it all comes down to it you'll lose sense of what "skill" is and rather you'll merely flow along with your deck and do what you think works the best.

We are both currently trying to get more people to play with us and are starting a Skype group for it along with preparing a tournament. The only problem is we're struggling with seeing what should be banned and would request anyone who wishes to play the format and our tournament to help us create it. Hopefully some people will join and help us test it, but this is currently what we have so far:

Banned:
Spoiler:

Last edited by ! Prince on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Highlander tournament - "Newlander" Empty Re: Highlander tournament - "Newlander"

Post by TheRealSirShady Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:42 pm

! Prince wrote:Sir Rai and I have an interest in a certain type of Yu-Gi-Oh format: highlander. In Highlander every card is limited to 1 in the main, side, and extra decks respectively. It causes for a bit longer duels but the duels are very intense and give a sense of fun and accomplishment. Skill level is required but only in deck building. When it all comes down to it you'll lose sense of what "skill" is and rather you'll merely flow along with your deck and do what you think works the best.

We are both currently trying to get more people to play with us and are starting a Skype group for it along with preparing a tournament. The only problem is we're struggling with seeing what should be banned and would request anyone who wishes to play the format and our tournament to help us create it.
True this ^^. PM either of us if you wish to join the Skype Group and help us prepare this fun event!
TheRealSirShady
TheRealSirShady
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 320

Back to top Go down

Highlander tournament - "Newlander" Empty Re: Highlander tournament - "Newlander"

Post by ! Yeezus Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:13 am

Interesting event you got here. Like the whole (1) card copy only rule. Really adds alot of excitement and challenges to it. Not sure how many card/decks are ban worthy now, but perhaps Exodia could still FTK? I can also offer my assistance in promoting your tournament and helping you create it if you wish. All in all, this sparks my interest. I'll surely partake in this once it's ready.

- Yeezus
! Yeezus
! Yeezus
Administrator
Administrator

Contribution : 2501

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:15 am

Trust me, there is no way Exodia can FTK or really be relevant.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Zykan Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:17 am

BLS - you can still make chaos Highlander decks and most have problems with this card hitting the field

That is really the only banworthy card though imo

Exodia might be a problem because there are enough stall/draw power cards but I don't see it really winning the whole thing as it would have terrible consistency.

Overall I would love this event MAKE IT HAPPEN =O
Zykan
Zykan
Judge
Judge

Contribution : 558

http://crypticshaiya.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:21 am

From testing BLS isn't that bad. Like period.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerNova Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:48 pm

I like this idea and would be interested in joining. I'll think about something that I think should be banned and give a suggestion soon
PowerNova
PowerNova
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by RekonZero Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:02 pm

I would do it Razz
RekonZero
RekonZero
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 1413
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down