Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madolche Guide and Discussion I - Sweet Revenge!

4 posters

Go down

Madolche Guide and Discussion I - Sweet Revenge! Empty Madolche Guide and Discussion I - Sweet Revenge!

Post by TheRealSirShady Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:47 pm

A Guide to the Madolche Archetype
I. Playstyle/Basic Strategy
Madolche is an archetype that made its debut in Return of the Duelist, and focuses around returning cards to the deck and hand to gain card advantage. Madolche plays the advantage game better than any other deck, in that they not only gain large amounts of card advantage, but keep that advantage as well. They focus around their Spell support to gain and keep this card advantage. Madolche Chateau essentially turns almost any minus by destruction (battle or card effect) into a +0, and Ticket turns any -1 or +0 from the Madolche's own effects into a +0 or +1, respectively. 
By doing this, it is incredibly easy for a Madolche deck to set up an OTK. What's even better is if that OTK is stopped, you don't suffer heavy penalties for having that OTK stopped. We get Mirror Force'd, we could care less. Sure, we may have an empty field, but assuming we can hold off the opponent for one measly turn, we are back in the game with our hand full of card advantage. This is how we win. Play the grind game of plusses and 0s, and ultimately explode unhindered.
II. Viable On-Theme Cards
IIa. Monsters
All non-Xyz Madolche monsters share this effect:
This is what makes the Madolche monsters so good.
Rulings on this effect:

• This effect CANNOT miss the timing and is mandatory. ("When...Effect", not "When...You can")
  • If your opponent plays Solemn Warning in response to a monster with this effect, the effect WILL trigger. ("in your POSSESSION", not "in your CONTROL")
  • If control of a monster with this effect is switched to your opponent, and the monster is later destroyed, the effect will NOT trigger, since the card is not "In your possession".
Now for the actual monsters...
Note: I will not include the effect listed above when listing the non-XYZ Madolche monsters. Just remember it as we go down the list.
Note: I will only list cards viable to the archetype when listing. All other cards not on this list should not be competitively run in any number above zero.

Madolche Baaple:
This card is good as an out to any threat that happens to be a Monster. It combos with Hootcake and Mew for R3 plays. Run 0-1 (Recommended number:1)

Madolche Cruffssant:
This card, while not essential to the archetype, helps to set up XYZ plays while still being a Beast Madolche for Messengelato (more on that later). It combos with Invoker and Hootcake for some big plays, but can dead draw even at 1, and like I said, isn't necessary, so run 0-1. (Preference)

Madolche Hootcake:
Hootcake is our speed card. It speeds up all of our plays, and even takes part in the Sweet OTK we can do. However, it does need monsters in grave, which we don't get too often. It is, however, a crucial piece to our strategy. Run 2-3 (Recommended number 2, as it can clog, but not often, and is searchable)

Madolche Magilene:
Our Unlimited, SELF-RECYCLING verison of Elemental Hero Stratos. You can loop this card by searching another copy, and sitting on infinite searches. Bet you wished Stratos could do that Madolche Guide and Discussion I - Sweet Revenge! Icon_razzRun 3

Madolche Marmalmaide:
This is simply a wall that has the potential to recycle your themed S/Ts. We don't have any immediate-use S/Ts, so you'll just be recycling a card that will sit on the field and do things. Run 0-1, but you'll often just be sitting on it until you want to XYZ. (I prefer 0)

Madolche Messengelato:
This is our S/T tutor with an activation condition. However, it is easy to fulfill with cards like Mewfeuille and Hootcake. It's also a Level 4 Warrior-Type, so Reinforcement of the Army is support for this. Run 2-3 (2 clogs less than 3, but 3 copies give more chances to trigger its effect. Recommended Number: 2)

Madolche Mewfeuille:
You know how Hootcake can set up OTKs? Well this card sets the stage by summoning Hootcake from your hand! If you don't have Hootcake, you can summon Messengelato from hand with this, and trigger its effect. This card is essential due to its effect, but is not needed at 3, so Run 1-2 (Recommended number: 1, as this card his limited usage and is searchable)

Madolche Puddingcess:
This card is good for the free pop post-damage calc. You shouldn't be using it for anything else though. It IS a tribute monster, but you CAN summon it for free from Mew and Hoot's effects. As it is a combo card, run 0-1. (I like 0, but some run 1. Preference.)

Madolche Queen Tiaramisu:
Our big bad boss monster, and she is FINE! Anyways, she can recycle ANY Madolche card, including the S/Ts! Also note that at activation, she only targets the cards in your grave. That means, just like Spellbook of Fate, she spins at resolution! But, since Extra Space can be tight, and you'll never really get out 3, Run 2.

IIb. Spells
The two on-theme spells also both happen to be the best support we have!

Cheating Cheteau (Madolche Chateau):
This card is so amazing, any use of it should be considered cheating. Back on topic, this is the card that not only gives a hefty ATK bonus to all of our Madolches, but also turns the Madolche's Shuffling abilities into +0s that end up in your hand! You can even combo this with Tiaramasu to get free cards from grave! Another thing this does is trigger Ticket on activation. If you can keep this card on the field with monsters, the game will go in your favor. However, you really only need one copy of this card at a time, and it IS searchable, so run 2.

All-You-Can-Eat Buffet Ticket (Madolche Ticket):
This + Chateau= +1s every time. They can kill them all, they'll just be back—With another to join them! Even without Chateau, this turns one Madolche kill per turn into a 0. But not just any 0, as this can be the same monster that comes back into your hand, or any other Madolche! Oh, and on the off chance you control Tiaramisu or Puddingcess, you can summon it straight to the field. How about that? However, "Once per turn" means what it says, as you can have multiple copies, but only one can get its effect once each turn. Because of this, run 1-2 (1 clogs less, but 2 doesn't clog much worse and gets you your desired setup quicker. Recommended number: 2)

IIc. Traps
There is only 1 trap in the Madolche archetype worth playing:
Madolchepalooza:
And it sure is good. It enables OTKs with a full hand of Madholches, and speeds up plays regardless. However, it does clog and is searchable, so Run 1

III. Viable Off-Theme Cards
IIIa. Engines
There are two viable engines you can play: Psychic and T.G. Both engines open Synchro options, but my personal preference is T.G. Whether you choose to run an engine or not is personal preference. I've notced that T.G. builds tend to make more synchros than Psychics and also take less deck space, whereas Psychics have raw speed going for them. Run 0-1 of the following engines:
Psychic:

T.G.:

IIIb. Other Monsters
Effect Veiler and Maxx "C"
The infamous hand trap duo works especially well in here, as it fuels Hootcake's effect. I personally main 3 Maxx "C" and 2 Veiler, but the exact number of mained hand traps is preference.

Naturia Beast/Naturia Barkion
The Naturia synchros are very, very good at what they do, and if you're running ANY of the EARTH Tuners, run 1 of each.
Some other notable EARTH Tuners:

• X-Saber Pashuul
  • Shiba-Warrior Taro

M-X-Saber Invoker
Our version of Win-Derp Carrier Zenmaity, but our only target is Messengelato. You definately want to run this because it sets up your plays and can set up our Sweet OTK. Run 1

Leviair the Sea Dragon
An Invoker that can grab stuff that was banished by Hootcake. Unlike Invoker, this has a far higher list of targets, so Run 1 of this too.

Other good Xyz:
Number 49: Fortune Tune
Wind-Up Zenmaines
Muzurhythm the String Djinn
Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
Mechquipped Angineer
Ghostrick Alucard
Soul of Silvermountain
Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
Abyss Dweller
Gagaga Cowboy
Lavalval Chain
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
Diamond Dire Wolf
Photon Papilloperative
Number 50: Blackship of Corn
Fairy King Albverdich
Number 39: Utopia

Other good Synchros:
Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
Black Rose Dragon
Ally of Justice Catastor
Arcanite Magician
Ancient Fairy Dragon

IIIc. Spells
Forbidden Lance
Mystical Space Typhoon
Both of these have similar roles, with the main difference being that MST can stop continuous S/T while Lance stops everything save Counter Traps. Lance also has the ATK loss effect, which makes it a good battle trick. 
I personally prefer to main 2 Lance and Side 3 MST. You should, at the very least, side any MST copies you don't main. Whether you main Lance or not is preference.

Book of Moon
Hooray, free Magiliene searches! On top of that, it can screw your opponent up too! I run the 1 legal copy, but some don't. The choice is yours.

Pot of Duality
This card has various opinions regarding it. Some say it boosts consistency, which is needed in Madolche. Other disagree, saying the no Special Summoning condition can conflict with your power plays. I personally like it, but depending on the build, as well as preference, run 0 or 2-3.

IIId. Traps
Safe Zone
It's good, especially in a format with Triple MST everywhere. A blind MST and BOOM! You get a +1. Sadly, I don't really get what you are going to protect with this. An XYZ? Sure, but the triple MST rule still applies, only this time it's not blind and gets your OPPONENT the +1. If this deck focused heavily on a powerful boss monster, then I would run it. But Tiaramsu just isn't that broken, and is not our main focus. You can test it at 2 if you want, but I advise you to run 0.

Compulsory Evacuation Device
This is a very powerful trap this format. Self-Explanatory, run 1 (It's limited). A little trick you can use is to chain this to their trap with Ticket up to net a +1 and keep your monster in hand.

Starlight Road/The Huge Revolution is Over
These are good in any format where Heavy Storm as at 1 or more. Road negates at a +1, but THRIO safely negates more things without fear of Solemn Warning or Royal Decree/Trap Stun. In a format with Heavy Storm at 1 or more run 1-2 of one, otherwise run 0.

Ultimate Offering
Bet you wished this was legal, huh. Sadly it isn't, so run 0 unless you're a cheater. (JUDGE!)

Torrential Tribute
Good card is good. Nukes the frontrow on any summon. You typically want them to overextend a bit, then play this at the last possible chance for plusses. Also, the Madolches you destroy won't get their shuffling effect, making them targets for Tiaramisu. Run the 1 you're allowed.

List of other staple/semi-staple traps we can run:
Bottomless Trap Hole
Dimensional Prison
Fiendish Chain
Mirror Force
Solemn Warning
Trap Stun
Void Trap Hole

I. Combos
IIa. The Sweet OTK
Requirements:

• Mewfeuille, Warwolf/Emergency Teleport in hand
  • Hootcake in hand with one or more monsters in grave.
Procedure:

1. Normal Summon Mewfeuille, and use its effect to Special Hootcake from hand.
  2. Special Summon T.G. Warwolf using its effect/Activate Emergency Teleport to summon a lv 3.
  3. Activate Hootcake's effect, and Special Summon Messengelato from deck to add Chateau.
  4. Activate Chateau.
  5. Overlay Warwolf and Mew for M-X-Saber Invoker.
  6. Activate Invoker's effect detaching Mew to grab Messengelato and Ticket.
  7. Activate Ticket.
  8. Overlay both Mesengelato for Tiaramisu.
  9. Activate Tiaramisu's effect targeting Messengelato and Mew, and on resolution, choose to send them both back to deck. (You must do one or the other for both monsters)
  10. Activate Ticket, Special Summoning Messengelato from your deck and adding a target of your choice.
  11. Attack with all for a total of 8400.
If there is anything I missed or that you feel should be added, let me know. That concludes Madolches, and for all you netdeckers Madolche Guide and Discussion I - Sweet Revenge! Icon_razz, here is my deck: https://i.imgur.com/Ik8t5bC.png

Last edited by TheRealSirShady on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheRealSirShady
TheRealSirShady
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 320
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Madolche Guide and Discussion I - Sweet Revenge! Empty Re: Madolche Guide and Discussion I - Sweet Revenge!

Post by RekonZero Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:49 pm

who ever you are, thank you so much for posting this Surprised i have never understood Madolche's and i never thought i would until i read your guide Very Happy you are a saint haha
RekonZero
RekonZero
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 1413
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Madolche Guide and Discussion I - Sweet Revenge! Empty Re: Madolche Guide and Discussion I - Sweet Revenge!

Post by TheRealSirShady Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:53 pm

Itachi Uchiha wrote:who ever you are, thank you so much for posting this Surprised i have never understood Madolche's and i never thought i would until i read your guide Very Happy you are a saint haha
lol thanks Very Happy Anything you would suggest? I only include cards that people should be running this format, or cards that were good in previous formats.
TheRealSirShady
TheRealSirShady
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:45 pm

i like a more trap heavy control madolche variant
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealSirShady Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:18 pm

ThunderChidori wrote:i like a more trap heavy control madolche variant
Glad you said that. While I don't really prefer a trap heavy deck this format, I listed the traps you could run, so if you do want to run them, you can.
TheRealSirShady
TheRealSirShady
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:19 pm

TheRealSirShady wrote:
ThunderChidori wrote:i like a more trap heavy control madolche variant
Glad you said that. While I don't really prefer a trap heavy deck this format, I listed the traps you could run, so if you do want to run them, you can.
i don't really need deck help with anything... i just felt like posting that because why not
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealSirShady Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:35 pm

I hear you.
TheRealSirShady
TheRealSirShady
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by macthemitchell Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:01 pm

no spell striker lol
macthemitchell
macthemitchell
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealSirShady Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:04 pm

macthemitchell wrote:no spell striker lol
Should be self-explanatory, as Spell Striker is nowhere in the guide, which if you read the guide, I said that if a card wasn't in the guide, it had no main deck benefit to Madolche. Spell Stiker is bad, trust me. If you want extra level 3s for XYZing, just run one of the engines or other techs I mentioned. The only thing I haven't done is a Side Deck portion, which I will leave to personal preference and meta calling.
TheRealSirShady
TheRealSirShady
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down