Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming Role Play: The Bounty List

4 posters

Go down

Upcoming Role Play: The Bounty List Empty Upcoming Role Play: The Bounty List

Post by Ventriloquist Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:19 pm

READ AND RESPOND OR THIS RP WILL NOT START!

Ok, so I've finally decided what Role Play I'd like to present to the academy first. It's one I've been involved with in the past, but there are a million ways to do it. Meaning it will indeed be specific to this forum in both rules as well as characters. So, here's the idea.

Its called, "The Bounty List," a game involving "Predator," and "Prey."

As a Predator, you sign up, choose to have this title, and you are aligned with the other Predators. Meaning you form an alliance with every other predator. Your job, is to find, and defeat "Prey," members by means of RP battle. The rules for Predators are, you may at any time challenge someone listed as "Prey," but you may NOT challenge another Predator, without certain ...consciences. Now, YES you CAN challenge another predator, but if you do so, regardless of whether or not you win or lose, you will after the battle be moved to "Prey," and you may not become a Predator again with that same character.

As a Prey, you sign up and choose this title, and you are on your own. Prey may challenge other Prey, and they may also challenge Predators. Prey can NEVER become Predators, but you CAN for alliances with other Prey. There is NO Penalty for turning your back on an allied Prey member and attacking them.

So what's the point? At the start of the RP, all members of both Prey and Predator will be given a set amount of equal "Bounty," By defeating another player, you gain that players bounty. The object of the game is to raise your bounty to the highest, and earn the Number 1 Spot, and keep it of course. It's that simple.

NOW! I NEED HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING RULE (More in depth rules and such will be posted as soon as people respond to THIS post and I set up the Rules Post for the RP, along with the Sign Ups.)

We will be using CUSTOM CHARACTER! This means you create a character, give him powers and such. Once approved, you then use that character to do battle with opposing players. However, WHOULD YOU GUYS LIKE ME TO MAKE THE CUSTOM CHARACTER SHEETS STRICT? OR LAX?

If Strict - You will be forced to make a character sheet using either "Weebly.com" or "Wix.com" Your sheet must be extensive, and you CANNOT use ANYTHING, including attacks that are not listed on the sheet. This means if you say your character can control thunder and lightning, but you list no attack record in your sheet. Your character can only punch and kick and that's it. His control over lightning would ONLY then pertain to outside of battle.

If Lax - You will only have to make a character sheet, here, in the forums. It will be FAR less extensive, and you will list your characters specializations. Such as elemental control, super strength. That sort of thing. Then, during battle, you are free to create attacks on the spot to help you as you the player in control learn what yoru character needs to do. YOU CANNOT GOD MOD however (Refer to RP Rules to understand what God Mod is.)

So, please respond member of XDA, and let me know how you want the FIRST RP to be handled. Strict Character creation, or Lax? Personally I recommend Lax for more beginning players, as if you choose Strict I will likely reject your sheets until they suite my fancy. But Lax would provide more fairness, and less over the top things happening during the fights. However, universal rules will still apply to prevent cheating and such.

READ AND RESPOND OR THIS RP WILL NOT START!
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 113
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Role Play: The Bounty List Empty Re: Upcoming Role Play: The Bounty List

Post by RekonZero Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:11 pm

To be honest i've never done RP and i dont think i know exactly how this works but i feel like this is a really good idea with the whole bounty idea. like i feel like this idea could be tweaked to fit a idea for the whole academy and not just the ppl in RP so i wanted to know if i could tweak this idea and make it suitable for a different event would you be okay with that? i mean it might not even get passed but i wanna try because i love this idea!
RekonZero
RekonZero
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 1413
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Role Play: The Bounty List Empty Re: Upcoming Role Play: The Bounty List

Post by Ventriloquist Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:24 pm

PM me about it. Not to sound like a jerk, but it is my idea, so I'd rather be a part of it than have someone else just rip it. XD We will discuss other uses for the bounty list via PM.

Could make it instead of RP characters, make it Yugioh duels o-o. Same thing, can still RP, and use posts for story but instead of challenging and fighting in RP, you challenge and duel. Need more people to respond, feel free to use this new information but please remember to respond to the original information as well.
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by RekonZero Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Alright sounds good, ill pm you.
RekonZero
RekonZero
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 1413

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:23 am

Im serious people! Respond to this topic or the RP will not start......
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:43 pm

While the idea itself may sound good, i already see some things down the road that might not be too good.

First though, as feedback, i believe Lax is the better choice. It does create a free form environment that will help encourage activity. So i agree with you there.

On the downside, lax might be a bit... open. For example, if a person signs up for the Rp that is no good at dueling (it is has happened before) and makes his power "to escape every and any battle with no consequence" then dueling him becomes pointless. If you are about to win, he flees, if you get a bad hand and lose, you are kicked out of the game.

This leads to the next point, when does the game end? Ideally it would end when everyone but one person is defeated, but if we have someone with a power mentioned above, that will never happen, so basically is there going to be a time limit?

Now i realize that the first scenario wont be a problem if you just say "that power is too OP for this RP" and that would be the end of it, but there are points where people "powers" may go overboard.

Then again, you have managed many Rps and participated in many more. I have only participated in 2 and one of them i didnt really care about. So you should already know the basis of the whole situation.

Sorry for the long, drawn out suggestion, this is a good idea, and i hope to see it get off the ground soon.

Zero
Zero
Administrator
Administrator

Contribution : 407

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:22 pm

Zero. Thanks for your comments. Well, as stated above the Universal rules still apply. If you read my rules list, particularly T-1 rules you'll see that "God Mod," is unacceptable , and to win any real award throughout this. Perhaps a special banner or token like items for your profile if some one has the highest bounty.

And basically the game would ideally never end. Always more challenger's, as again you can "Respawn," by making an entirely new character, starting with the default bounty and then following the rules from there.

But yea, God Mod will not be allowed. But I kinda think incorporating this into some kind of duel function sounds nice.
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by FlutterShy Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 pm

I think you should do lax character sheets but I would personally do RP battles instead of duels so it is RP skills NOT dueling skills
FlutterShy
FlutterShy
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks fluttershy ^.^ and ok.
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down