Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Recruit

4 posters

Go down

The Recruit Empty The Recruit

Post by ~Luvi Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:43 pm

For -Eli/Swagged out to da Max

---

Earth. Such a simple planet, yet filled with material and populated greatly. Every single member of Earth was unaware though, that their planet was actually connected to one that seemed to be a replica. Or was it vice-versa?

Every so often, human-like creatures from the other planet would visit Earth. How they did it without being noticed was the difficult part. Difficult, meaning impossible for humans to understand. The ones who inhabited the second world were human-ish indeed, but they were granted with power - infinite power - that could be used for good. . . or evil. The sides taken were not just to fight on one planet, no. They were taken and fought over many planets, all in one galaxy.

Of course, their population isn't perfect. It is filled with the same hatred for other races, except countries do not fight. They instead fight one common enemy, who grows rapidly in strength and size by day. It is uncertain if they will end the battle, but they cannot stop fighting until then, and fight they must for the evil that lurks had the ability, the power, to destroy a race in days if they are unchallenged, this is why Pugnae is so universally rounded, so fast to react, so powerful.

---

"Remember, if you don't come back with them, you'll have to work solo. Meaning no complex missions."

What great advice, thought Brandon. He took a final glance. The room he was in was painted completely black. Pure black, blacker than the darkest moment of the night. Inside were just two occupants: Brandon and an old woman named Ellen, and neither of them liked the thought of working with each other, but Ellen didn't like anyone so it wasn't much of a change, she would always hate everyone and they would always hate her.

"I will only be able to keep the teleportion for an hour," she said, in a creaky voice. "You know your target. I will have you appear a few hundred feet away. You must convince him to join you."

Brandon nodded and sat down cross-legged. He watched Ellen do the same, her curly, wispy, black hair moving slightly. Her wrinkled face seemed to drop farther every word, and he desperately wanted her to silence, not just because she was getting uglier every time she moved, but because he had a mission to complete, and a mission that would determine far too much for him; he wanted a bit of silence to compliment him.

"Meditate. You will know when you're on Earth. I trust you have the buzzer? Press it whenever and you'll both come back rather quickly," she said quietly, letting him drift into the nothingness that is meditation.

He closed his eyes and began to clear his mind. . . It was a calming process, but an important one nevertheless, though it took his thoughtful mind a bit of time to get used to the meditation seeing how there was so much to think about, and every so often he would fail by thinking a random thought.. Suddenly, his body began to feel lighter, as if his body was on a million feathers moving upwards. The feeling was so blissful, so calming and uninterruptive. He was at a peace as he felt himself grow warmer and warmer. . . but then he grew too warm, too hot, and he felt his body begin to melt as if he were dying and falling into hell. He felt himself fade out of conscious and feel as if he was fading out of life.

This must be the teleportation.

There was a thud, a body hitting the ground, and a groan escaped Brandon's lips. "I didn't think she meant I would be dropped . . ." he commented, slowly getting up and stretching slightly. He began to glance around. The trees weren't very lush, the colors weren't fading from the leaves and they were not falling, and he noticed it was a bit warmer than it was on Pugnae, meaning the seasons probably weren't aligned very well.
Yes, this meant it. He was on Earth!

He looked around, his bright blue eyes trying to take in everything their swirls could. But it was useless. Everything was the same as his planet, Pungae. And it also was apparently Spring, not fall like on Pungae, as indicated from the sprouting leaves on trees, and by the sounds of children screaming and laughing. But where were the arenas? The children using wooden weapons to practice? That was very fun to do as a child but Brandon assumed Earthlings were more fragile than a Pugnaean.

Suddenly he came to realize he was in a forest. Not just any forest though, but one near an important park. A state park, as he recalled. He knew he wasn't very well hidden because he could see people when he came to a stand, and some parents were giving him some interesting looks. It wasn't due to his clothing, though, he wore what any human would, they were designed very similarly. . . it was just interesting seeing a man get up out of no where from the forest.

". . . Oh well. Since everything is boring. . . let's go find him." Brandon couldn't have whispered softer as he climbed out of the beginning of the forest and into the area that people were enjoying so much.

Ah, humans. Never having to worry about being attacked by the "super-natural" or any of that. Except the fact that one of them here is going to be my partner. . . Also I hear they're quite insane and like to harm each other over little things. . . this man is getting a favor from me.

He began walking around, getting weird looks from his entrance that soon turned calm when he seemed to be friendly and not harmful. His hair was a mess. Just kidding, he had a crew-cut too short to be considered hair other than that they were giving a light-brown color to the top. He also learned humans were not short, nor were they tall compared to Pugnaeans. He stood near the same height as some of the grown men walking around. Some were taller, a bunch shorter. But none were his target.

He realized how weird it seemed to be wearing a jacket in the heat, but he did not take it off. He liked it warm, which was a lovely compliment to that his strongest element he had was electricity. Both generated much heat. . . but no where near the flames that burned from the weapons a pyrokinetic warrior would use.

So he walked around in a light-brown jacket that covered his white t-shirt. Oh, and of course his gray sweatpants. While the two planets were so different, they were also similar.

The comparison was the only thing that Brandon thought about until it hit him. Well, almost hit him. He had been gazing off at the side when he suddenly looked forward and stopped, just a few inches away from hitting someone.

That someone was his target.

"It's. . . you."

[OOC: Don't give me too hard of a time, lol.]
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

The Recruit Empty Re: The Recruit

Post by AsianVasion Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:08 pm

2 questions:
1. how many ppl actually read the whole thing?
2. can any summarize dis?
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by markmeena Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:35 pm

ikr
markmeena
markmeena
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 219

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:26 pm

it's cool neither of you were invited.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by FlutterShy Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 am

i read it all and Prince how strict are the character sheets
FlutterShy
FlutterShy
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 77
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:35 am

No, you apparently did not if you missed the very first sentence that I've practically repeated in the thread.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down