Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deck Help Needed

4 posters

Go down

Deck Help Needed Empty Deck Help Needed

Post by Ventriloquist Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:33 pm

So, I'm currently in an RP, when in we are basically re playing "Duelist Kigndom," However, the rules are just as they were in the anime at that time.

That is, we start with 2000 LP, we can summon any monster, regardless of level without tribute (Unless a Special Summon requirement is stated.) And there are a few other rules concerning deck construction and attacks. However, the only one I'll really get into is this.

We are only allowed to use cards that were released between the Legend of Blue eyes booster pack, to the Dark Crisis booster pack. There is also a limit to effect monsters we can use (Leading to a bit of vanilla in all the decks) and also a limit on monster with certain amounts of attack.

SO! I decided to go with my favorite old school card, the Dark Magician and attempt a build with him, considering these rules. I'd really like it to perform well, however I cannot get any help on the deck on that site, or else I'd be giving my deck away to the competition. So, would any of you here please post suggestion you think would help out? Thanks ^.^ its very much appreciated. Heres the list.

https://i.imgur.com/lcHhO9s.png
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 113
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Deck Help Needed Empty Re: Deck Help Needed

Post by D.D. Eatos Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:09 pm

If you can summon any card regardless of levels, wouldnt it be more efficient to run Man-Eater Bug over Gravekeeper's Guard? Ok... you have Vindictive, but why not Spy or Penguin soldier (being a better returner after all)

Why dont you just run 2 Manju since he searches either 1 of the 2.
D.D. Eatos
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:17 pm

Manju didn't come out between blue eyes legend and dark crisis T.T I wish I could have had him, but that's what DD capsule is for more or less. I could actually most likely drop both bird and senju for another dd capsule. As for man eater over guard... hmm actually not a bad idea at all. I suppose I just liked guard because of his relatively high defense and the fact that he was a spell caster. I also tend to set him up with a hole. But yea, that's wasting two cards....so THANKS! LOL! Man eater bug it is!

Like I said, cant run manju or I would. Any more suggestions are welcome ^.^
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:43 pm

Updated list:

https://i.imgur.com/vqlsu1q.png
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:09 pm

seeing that you like dark magician then i would recommend making a deck that focuses on getting it in the grave then summoning it with daigusto emeral
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:16 pm

Keep in mind we must use cards that where released between the legend of blue eyes booster pack, up to the Dark Crisis booster pack. Therefore, xyz as well as synchro do not exhist within the RP.

Another way of looking at it, is if you watched season one of yugioh. Anything used in duelist kingdom is legal, as well as cards that where out, but not used at that time.
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Ventriloquist wrote:Keep in mind we must use cards that where released between the legend of blue eyes booster pack, up to the Dark Crisis booster pack. Therefore, xyz as well as synchro do not exhist within the RP.

Another way of looking at it, is if you watched season one of yugioh. Anything used in duelist kingdom is legal, as well as cards that where out, but not used at that time.
try using less tribute monsters ._.
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:30 pm

y didnt he say u can play without tributes?
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down