Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physical activities

+7
{TP} Simply Logic
! ! ! ! ! Australia
The Yah man
LevitatingManicotti
DC HERO GlohStick
ThunderChidori
AsianVasion
11 posters

Go down

Physical activities Empty Physical activities

Post by AsianVasion Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:43 am

well most of the stuff we've been talking about are playing games and talking about random stories or ideas so how about talking about sports or any physical activities
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 212
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Physical activities Empty Re: Physical activities

Post by ThunderChidori Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:40 am

most people here are like "sports?... *rage quit*"
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:45 am

well ive recently thought about starting soccer and baseball
reasons why i want to take each sport and reasons why i didnt take it before n why i still dnt lyk em (btw i know nothing about the sports so ima be new at it)

baseball
- a lot of dirt and work that gets myself and clothes dirty (its hard for me since im more of a try to keep clean and indoor sports sort of person)
- a lot of maintenance
- i disliked watching the sport on tv
- not a lot of action
- not much team play more single than group
- i only know a few people in my school who plays
+ even though i didnt have any experience i was able to perform well (catch, hit, n field)
+ backhand tennis shots help me with batting cuz i usually hit crappy flyballs with dominant hand
+ simple job of hit and catch for me when i tried (i dont know any strategies so i just try to not suck when playing)

soccer
- again bad impression after watching on tv
- not a lot of scoring
- i cant kick well
- i cant dribble
- i dont know any rules
+ ive been asked to play gk n i lyked playing that part
+ gud reflexes from wrestling, badminton, n self defense helped me
+ my job as gk was simple and not too complicated for a beginner player
+ a girl i lyk plays it so im spending tym wit her now as she teaches me how to play n i see her more often now

any1 got any ideas of a sport they think is fun to try? name a sport and a position

you guys should try some sports too that you may or may not lyk it can be fun if you play a position that fits u or if u jus try to play. lyk sum ppl think that badminton is weak n gay but its the fastest sport n its not hard to play but many of u prolly cant beat any old ppl
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by DC HERO GlohStick Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:57 am

I am not understanding these "Physical Activities". Can you download or buy them? 8P
DC HERO GlohStick
DC HERO GlohStick
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 296

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:57 am

also 1 thing to those of you who dnt rlly lyk physical activities a message from me:
"you'll die early so maintain ur body"
-AsianVasion
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by DC HERO GlohStick Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:01 am

Neutral Well isn't that just a great message to future nerds and geeks.

Water, food, milk carton is all you need. Maybe a bucket too.
DC HERO GlohStick
DC HERO GlohStick
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 296

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:04 am

if thats a rhetorical question ill giv u a rhetorical answer Smile
sure u can pay me in dp n ill be ur personal trainer
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:09 am

ok nerds n geeks food givs nutrition but doesnt help ur body work more efficiently without exercise so ull still die early n ull never meet girls sitting at home in front of a screen
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by LevitatingManicotti Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:22 am

Dem assumptions.
Dat generalization.
I really don't appreciate them.
LevitatingManicotti
LevitatingManicotti
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:25 am

its short sweet n to d point u wont read it if i gave my whole life story or if i wrote an essay filled with colorful language n detailed evidence so ur welcome
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by The Yah man Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:27 am

Whats the bucket for? aaaanyway i play tennis i been playin it for about6 months now and considering i only get 4 hours of practice each week i'll say im pretty good at it. the reason i liked tennis is that the game is long so it will build up your stamina and it will work out your body, also it is a single game so if you lose its your fault and if you win its your win not like many games where you can be at the top oyour game and still lose cuz someone else messed up
The Yah man
The Yah man
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 908

Back to top Go down

Post by ! ! ! ! ! Australia Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:00 am

i liek to keep my abs in tone so, i basically have a good breakfast to get a good metabolism, big lunch and small dinner.

crunches, running, situ ps, chin ups, pushups are a few activities i do to stay in shape

also do boxing

and lift ahahha
! ! ! ! ! Australia
! ! ! ! ! Australia
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by {TP} Simply Logic Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:24 pm

I play basketball (almost can touch the rim now) i need a lot of improvement before i try out for the  team though in november. i thought i was going to be one of the taller players at least for pf ( i recently changed from an arts shool to a sports school. I was taller than most people at my first school), but alot of kids are almost the same height as me (my jumping is below average thats why i cant dunk yet) my dribbling is horrible for my age and my shot is horrible. When i play against my friends they are smaller than me so i back them down and do a lay up or a fadeway shot.

I also play soccer im much better at soccer than i am at basketball. I have a good amount of power and accuracy, My dribbling once again is just bad for that position (im only an average dribbler) my coaches in rec usually played me at middle defender, i rarely got  a chance to play Forward. Im also okay at GK, which may be the best position for e to try out since like i said earlier i am tall for my age and i guess my arms are pretty long, plus i have experience ( i used to play it when i was younger) the only thing i dislike about GK is the pressure.
{TP} Simply Logic
{TP} Simply Logic
Banned
Banned

Contribution : 174
Warning : Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:29 pm

wat sux bout me playing sports is i got no stamina so when i play any sport i do quik bursts. i tried strengthening my core n raising stamina but i HATE cardio. i dnt run or swim unless i hav a coach or an upperclassmen scream at me to do it. so for training i do weighted circuits

for gk i dnt feel much pressure unless its at the beginning or if im not warmed up. i do alot of meditating n im used to clearing my head so i only rely on instincts n reflexes (net play in badminton helps ur eyesight n coordination. im an unorthodoxed player n ive trained myself to reach things at wierd angles n hit smth that passes me bh my upper body)
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by BPPSFrost Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Eh. I help out at a TKD studio. I also take classes 2-4 times a week.

Fun, and much more interesting than other sports I've played IMO.
BPPSFrost
BPPSFrost
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 95
Warning : 1st Warning

Back to top Go down

Post by NeoNaruto Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:50 pm

I finally went outside after 8 years but came back inside because the graphics were terrible, but after the new patch was downloaded I started to play sports and shiz.
I play tennis, soccer, and basketballs, I'll also make it into the nba one day e_e
NeoNaruto
NeoNaruto
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:00 pm

always wanted to try dat
back when i was in PI my parents had me take smth called eskrima but dropped it when i moved to US
i tried karate n gracie for 3yrs until i injured my right forearm and wrist (my moms a nurse so she worries bout injuries alot so she made me stop when i was young). i took up to taichi n judo a few months later since she wouldnt let me rejoin. (my dads used to be a karate teacher back in PI so dats y i still continue taking classes)
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by ThunderChidori Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 am

i don't play because i don't have enough time... i have a life... but i do stay in shape...
ThunderChidori
ThunderChidori
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 2030

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:45 am

My wrists are very, very weak, along with my neck and shoulders, and my back hurts quite often too. I wish I could partake in things it's just.. I am so weak, my body doesn't work correctly and doctors don't know what to tell me. It's depressing, yopu guys need to enjoy outside, because when you're stuck inside like me you'll dread it.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:56 am

now i feel lyk a huge prick for starting this topic
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:19 am

You shouldn't.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventriloquist Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:59 am

To those whom dwell indoors, either by choice or other wise: That is nothing you should feel bad about. As there are pros and cons to everything. Do what you enjoy, and what you can do. Because what is a long life, if it's a miserable one? I cannot see anyone arguing with that.

Moving on to the main discussion of this topic. I myself am a bit adept at doing either one. I LOVE video games, so of course I excel in that area. You cannot touch me on MMORPGS, nuff said. I also love writing, and I draw inspiration both inside, watching something on TV, looking something up on the internet, or of course listening to music.

However I also try to maintain my body. I am no the MOST physically ripped Hollister model looking guy on the planet, but I do have muscle mass, a pretty good bit of it.

As for sports, Baseball is fun, Basketball is something I was more or less forced to play early on, and I do not enjoy it. In fact, most teams sports in general I tend to have a problem with. Mainly due to the general (and yes Im being general) lack of intellect in he players. They view themselves on a pedestal and look down on you for not scoring after they hogged the ball the entire games. Plus, I don't know maybe I find something wrong with a group of men playing with balls. (HAR HAR HAR)

Sports I do enjoy include Boxing ( 9 years and went to Golden Gloves ) Any form of martial arts, (Still working on my black bent in Kenpo) and other extreme sports like Snow Skiiing (been going every spring for the past 9 years, water skiing (been doing that since I was a child) as wella s anything else water related such as Sailing and Kayaking.

basically anything that pushes me individually to do my best, without relying on others, I enjoy. Because everything I do reflects who I am, there can be no assumptions made, (like there are in team sports) because every thing I earn or do not earn is all up to me. ^.^ I suggest you try a form of skiing, let me know how you enjoy it if you decide to give it a shot.
Ventriloquist
Ventriloquist
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: