Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necrovalley Rulings

Go down

Necrovalley Rulings Empty Necrovalley Rulings

Post by cheesfactory Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:23 pm

so i've been seeing a few people misuse necrovalley and i wanted to clear up how its effect works.

"Negate any card effect that would move a card in the Graveyard, other than itself, to a different place."

thats the current text, in the previous version it stated that no cards in the graveyard could be moved, except by itself. That is really different from the current text.

How necrovalley works now, it literally negates any card that would move something in the grave, while this is obvious in it negating a card like call of the haunted, its a little less obvious with some other stuff.

For example, If you activated Inferno Reckless Summon while your opponent had only 1 monster, and they had another copy in their own graveyard( meaning inferno would summon that monster to the field) then it would be negated by necrovalley completely. No effect of inferno reckless summon would resolve, it would be negated.

Another example is XYZ Encore. If i have a utopia with 2 Summoner Monks as materials then XYZ encore would resolve as both monks being special summoned back from the grave. However, Necrovalley negates any card that would move something from the grave, therefore it would negate XYZ Encore in its entirety, the utopia would not be bounced.

Its somewhat difficult to understand, but basically if there is any card that would move something in the grave then the entire card is negated.

Hope this was understandable, its an awkward ruling so it might not make sense at first though.
cheesfactory
cheesfactory
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 45
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down