Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chauchow-chan

5 posters

Go down

Chauchow-chan Empty Chauchow-chan

Post by Finly Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Chauchow-chan
Chauchow-chan 300px-Chauchowchan-SHSP-JP-C
Text:
When your opponent activates a Normal Trap Card at an attack declaration involving an attacking monster you control and an opponent's monster: You can discard this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Try to say Chauchow-chan 3 times fast huh?

Well, Check out this little...bear? Coming out in the http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Specters.
This card can be useful for countering cards like http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mirror_Force, and cards with the similar effect that just slows down your move.

Discuss!
Finly
Finly
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 30
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Chauchow-chan Empty Re: Chauchow-chan

Post by Thought Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Dark Bribe sounds more feasible...but I guess hand traps always have their merits.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by Zykan Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:38 pm

It's a frog tech at least, level 2 for the xyz summon, and doesnt stop treeborn from ss'ing itself. Now if only it was water XD

Other than that, not really much use for it that I can think of atm.
Zykan
Zykan
Judge
Judge

Contribution : 558

http://crypticshaiya.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AsianVasion Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:23 am

Pshh 3x? Cake! N its ok lyk i prefer not having any other downsides to card effs lyk the forbiddens n thers many ways to make an upside for sending monsters to graves too so its not too bad
AsianVasion
AsianVasion
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRealSirShady Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:16 pm

While this IS a hand trap, and hand traps are good overall, I would say this is one of the worst hand traps I've ever seen. This is mainly because of its activation conditions. Many other good hand traps, such as Effect Veiler or Maxx "C", have the ability to be activated at practically any time they are needed. But this has an even stricter activation requirement than Gorz, or ANY other notable hand trap. With a requirement this situational, I'd better be given a REALLY good effect to make up for it. And, to an extent, this IS a good effect, but it works on so few cards that it just sits in your hand and does nothing but clog. Even Droll and Lock bird, with good timing, can set decks such as Prophecy back an entire turn. In addition, this card is outclassed by the likes of Trap Stun, Seven Tools, Decree (in the decks that can run it), and even Dark Bribe.

So, by no means, is this a good card. Just my two cents.
TheRealSirShady
TheRealSirShady
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 320

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: