Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Decree

5 posters

Go down

Royal Decree Empty Royal Decree

Post by ~Luvi Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:42 am

I've been asking opinions on Macro hit recently and do you know what replies I got? "Macro is too powerful because it stops too many decks from being played and I just think it was a good hit because my deck was getting hurt by it."

"You run 3 MST?"

"Yeah I always destroy them game 2 because of it haha."

I hate you guys sometimes.. I went right around and asked what Decree at 3 meant to them.

"Card is perfectly okay at 3, it stops decks relying on traps from doing too much or stopping plays; its the ultimate defense versus them."

If it helps you, you love it, if it hurts you, you hate it. I HATE Decree, it's broken, it's a continuous negation and not healthy for the game, it forces less creativity or strategy by killing off an entire section of cards.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

Royal Decree Empty Re: Royal Decree

Post by Rakhalix Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:13 am

YEah royal decree is good against macro.
Rakhalix
Rakhalix
Ra Yellow
Ra Yellow

Contribution : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:32 am

That wasn't the point in the least, did you even read it?
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by NinjaLemon007 Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:24 am

Decree should be at 2, max. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at 1. HOWEVER, with so many staple traps being hit, Decree isn't as powerful as it used to be, meaning it doesn't need to be at 1. Maybe it could be at 2 though.
NinjaLemon007
NinjaLemon007
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 pm

You're joking? Decree and Trap Stun are very sought out cards this format with Chain Burn and yes, Chain Beat becoming popular, not to mention every deck and his mother runs traps now if they can get away with it around here.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by D.D. Eatos Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Royal Decree is best at 2; 3 would be a dead draw unless youre really paranoid. Most of my decks are playing 2 lance and 3 Mst, and I'm sure most of everyone else is too. This applies to trap stun as well. Also Prohibition is an option as well as Jinzo.

Side-Note: It's kinda sad that some people only want to hit card that make their decks good.
D.D. Eatos
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by NerfMkplz Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:20 pm

I only run 3 Royal Decree in 1 deck. And that's in one of my secret test decks. Its specifically there to hinder my opponent from making me lose, and to see how they play around it. Most cases people just blind mst, hit the wrong card, set traps. And then guess what? Royal Decree punishes them for it.
NerfMkplz
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by D.D. Eatos Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:22 pm

You DO realize that not all decks need to rely on their traps to win.
D.D. Eatos
D.D. Eatos
Teacher
Teacher

Contribution : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by NerfMkplz Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:26 pm

D.D. Eatos wrote:You DO realize that not all decks need to rely on their traps to win.
Yes I do. As I said above, its only in 1 deck that I test people with. Most cases its there, and its been working as a viable tech. I'm not saying Royal Decree is an extremely good card to run. I also have 2 lance in the deck, but the way the deck is run it doesn't hurt to run. Most games I don't even draw the card more than 2x. AND not to mention, I didn't even say what deck I was talking about. I could be talking about Chaos Dragons, where its normal to have RD in the side deck lol.
NerfMkplz
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:27 pm

This is basically a "i hate double standards" thread to be honest.
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Back to top Go down

Post by NerfMkplz Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:32 pm

! Prince wrote:This is basically a "i hate double standards" thread to be honest.
But most people just sound stupid. Royal Decree at 3 was never an extreme threat, until they hit it and made it go to 2. But even then, that didn't make sense either cuz royal decree was only ran at 2 =l. Royal Decree is really only a surprise factor, and for decks that instantly get destroyed because heavy backrow and no heavy just destroys your plays ex. Chaos Dragons. They need to keep pressure on the opponent to win.
NerfMkplz
NerfMkplz
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down