Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Academy Suggestions

+2
{TP} Simply Logic
Delerium
6 posters

Go down

General Academy Suggestions Empty General Academy Suggestions

Post by Delerium Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi. I RARELY post when it comes to any academy .-. so take that when i do and its not about an event or a duel for points that its probably something you might wanna take a look at in a serious matter.

Alright so here's my suggestions:

1. Auto-slifer: Before when everyone started out as a slifer (they changed that back now to untested .-.) That was a good idea in my opinion and should stay that way. You should just make the 1st test they can buy at 150 or 200 considering we start out with 100 points already .-. the 1st academy i was in was a ranked up system so we basically didnt test and had to duel our way to better ranks. and to help that I'll go into my next thingymabober

2. Quick Tournies: We did about 3-4 of these a day in my 1st academy. Everyone was active and the place was more than just a chatbox. The quick tournies (or QTs) were something we just did and got every1 to join in on. The rewards were small but respectable considering we did several a day. Everyone in the academy dueled each other and got to see their opponents skill and like i said earlier it became more than just a chatbox it felt like fam. it's something we can do everyday so every1 can just duel with each other.

I guess those were about it .-. I just feel like there isn't enough things to really do here .-. you have that 1 event that drags for a while with only the best at the top and the others just dont really get to participate .-. cept the light v dark 1 XD so much ppl in dat (I'm not though x_x) I'm real lazy when it comes to participating in duels .-. Hopefully you implement these suggestions thanks if you actually read the suggestions and thought about it.
Delerium
Delerium
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 71
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down

General Academy Suggestions Empty Re: General Academy Suggestions

Post by {TP} Simply Logic Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Yea i can start doing the quick tourneys.
{TP} Simply Logic
{TP} Simply Logic
Banned
Banned

Contribution : 174
Warning : Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:23 pm

1. No auto slifer/pay for test, no one wants to work for their place and will cause most new people to leave instantly (seen it happen a million times). If you want more activity give homework and make more dorms above obelisk that you cant get tested into this way people have an objective to work for; for example; (Quasar = top duelists, must beat 3 people in it to join and also Elite four, for the best four duelists and you can also make a king of games position so that you can pay 100 dp to challenge if in elite four or quasar to challenge them for their spot.) Homework for each dorm allows the academy to take into fruition thus allowing everyone to learn for example (before today ends make a deck utilizing ghost trick monsters and win a match vs an opponent of 600 or more rating (for RA)).

2. Good idea, I would suggest 2 tourneys a day though, too many yields boredom quickly after a week which leads to inactivity. I would have 1 meta and 1 theme based tourney each day for example make a frog deck (pure frogs) for the tourney or water only etc. This will allow for people to try new things and improve their deck building skills while learning new rulings for the cards they use/combos.

Back to top Go down

Post by ObliviBlitz Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:34 pm

the quick tournies does sound like a good idea in my opinion, I could really see that possibly becoming a thing here, since like you said, we wait for one thing to go on, with just the best coming out on top.
but the auto slifer and having to buy to be tested, no, I can understand buying a retest after already being out in a dorm, bot not for your first test
ObliviBlitz
ObliviBlitz
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 998

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Luvi Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:07 pm

I like the idea of homework.
What about a dorm tournament? Whoever wins can move to the next highest if enough participate. (Obelisk just gets bragging rights.)
~Luvi
~Luvi
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 869

Back to top Go down

Post by Thought Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Look, the reason why the auto-Slifer rule was repented was because it didn't work FOR US. For a world-renowned academy, it may work fine because, well, it's famous, and pretty much anyone with the honor of being accepted in it would WANT to do hard work to go up the ranks.

For us, though, we're not an ultra-famous academy. Half of the new recruits we get here probably aren't even sure at first if they wanna stay. The worst possible way to encourage them to stay here is by forcing them to WORK for the right to "brag" (so to speak) about their skill, by being in a dorm.

I know there are counterarguments to what I just said, but the numbers don't lie. On the first day alone of the new rule being put into play, I had two new recruits telling me that the rule is stupid. One even told me that he wanted to leave because of it. During the brief time when we had the rule in play, I don't think a single new recruit has bought a test. The goal of THIS academy (not some super pro academy) is to be friendly to all new users and encourage them to stay. Most of them are already used to the fact that they need to get tested in order to "show off" their skills. If you suddenly impose a new, rather unwelcome rule to the untesteds, they'd be highly unwilling to work.

Just my two cents on the subject.
Thought
Thought
Exodia Platinum
Exodia Platinum

Contribution : 1125

Back to top Go down

Post by CheloArmenta99 Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:57 am

Thought wrote:Look, the reason why the auto-Slifer rule was repented was because it didn't work FOR US. For a world-renowned academy, it may work fine because, well, it's famous, and pretty much anyone with the honor of being accepted in it would WANT to do hard work to go up the ranks.

For us, though, we're not an ultra-famous academy. Half of the new recruits we get here probably aren't even sure at first if they wanna stay. The worst possible way to encourage them to stay here is by forcing them to WORK for the right to "brag" (so to speak) about their skill, by being in a dorm.

I know there are counterarguments to what I just said, but the numbers don't lie. On the first day alone of the new rule being put into play, I had two new recruits telling me that the rule is stupid. One even told me that he wanted to leave because of it. During the brief time when we had the rule in play, I don't think a single new recruit has bought a test. The goal of THIS academy (not some super pro academy) is to be friendly to all new users and encourage them to stay. Most of them are already used to the fact that they need to get tested in order to "show off" their skills. If you suddenly impose a new, rather unwelcome rule to the untesteds, they'd be highly unwilling to work.

Just my two cents on the subject.
this is really true, I mean of all the people who got recruited the same day as me I only se a handful of them now its like they just don't care so I agree with thought... :/
CheloArmenta99
CheloArmenta99
Slifer Red
Slifer Red

Contribution : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down