Xenon Duel Academy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xenon Duel Academy
Xenon Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity)

Go down

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity) Empty D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity)

Post by Small Acacia Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:06 pm

I was going through old decks of mine on Dueling Network and came across this old guy I was playing around with. I never actually finished the deck, and it's probably outdated now but I'm gonna post it anyways cause it was interesting to me back then. I haven't really adjusted since I had made it years ago, but I added in a raigeki and a chicken game just to make it 40 to replace the since then limited Debris Dragon and semi-limited Ravine.

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity) WEnM0th

Monsters: 20

Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude x3
Destiny HERO - Doom Lord x3
Destiny HERO - Malicious x3
Dragunity Dux x3
Dragunity Phalanx x3
Destiny HERO - Plasma x2
Debris Dragon x1
Dandylion x1
Spore x1

Spells: 20

Cards of Consonance x3
Destiny Draw x3
Transmodify x2
Over Destiny x2
Dragon Ravine x2
Terraforming x2
Allure Of Darkness x1
Foolish Burial x1
Monster Gate x1
Raigeki x1
Pseudo Space x1
Chicken Game x1

I'm not too sure what to write here in deck profiles like I usually do seeing as I usually do long, informed details on every card on why and how many I run it at, but since this never really left the draft stages I think I'll just talk about a few cards because I won't be able to explain in depth.

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity) Latest?cb=20111007022841

Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish that target. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect. You must control this face-up Attack Position card to activate and to resolve this effect. The banished monster returns to the opponent's side of the field, in the same battle position, during your 2nd Standby Phase after activation.

This guy has a pretty solid effect. He's pretty outdated in the sense that you cannot attack after you use his effect so they can generally live a turn without worry and they can whip something else spicy on their turn. A plus side to this however is that their monster is gone for two of your standby phases, so they aren't coming back anytime soon.

Use his effect --> Transmodify him into Diamond Dude --> Diamond Dude effect

Malicious/Plasma in grave --> Over Destiny --> Doom Lord

I have him ran at 3 in the draft, but in all honesty I would probably drop him to 1-2.

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity) 331693

Once per turn: You can reveal the top card of your Deck, and if it is a Normal Spell Card, send it to the Graveyard, otherwise place it on the bottom of your Deck. During the Main Phase of your next turn, you can activate the effect of that Spell Card in your Graveyard (even if you no longer control this face-up card).

Diamond Dude has probably one of my favourite effects in the game. Get spells effects without their cost, beautiful. D.D Turbo was an amazing deck back in the day, long before I even made this deck. Nowadays (years) the deck has been alright at casual play but very lacking in the competitive scene due to ban lists and power creeps. Not much is to be said about this guy because he's simply your draw fast card when you hit a Cards of Consonance or Destiny Draw with his effect.

Transmodify on Doom Lord --> Diamond Dude
Over Destiny with Plasma in Graveyard --> Diamond Dude

I would run no less than 3 Diamond Dudes.

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity) 500px-DestinyHero-Malicious-DLG1-EN-SR-UE

You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Destiny HERO - Malicious" from your Deck.

Malicious is in here for multiple reasons. He's a target for Destiny Draw, Dragon Ravine, Over Destiny and he is great for synchro summoning. Not much else to say about this play maker.

I would run no less than 3 Malicious'.

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity) 322321

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters you control, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent controls. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; equip that target to this card, and this card gains ATK equal to half the ATK of that equipped monster (you can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card with this effect).

Plasma would be a great card if he didn't have such a large summoning cost. He has a fantastic effect and is honestly worth summoning in situations if you can pull it off. He's basically in here because he is a target if I draw into Destiny Draws, and to dump into the grave with Ravine for Over Destiny.

I would run 1-3 Plasmas.

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity) 303899

Once per turn, while this card is equipped to a monster as an Equip Card by a card effect, you can Special Summon this card.

Only reason he's being listed here and not Dux is because we all know the cookie cutter combo that is Dragunities, but what number to run him at is the question here. You can honestly run Phalanx at 1 and still have the same presence and threat as running him at 3. I have Phalanx at 3 because drawing into him isn't that much of a problem with Cards of Consonance and Dragon Ravine and with Rhapsody being ran in every extra deck and Infernoids being hella popular, I would be very sad if they banished my only Phalanx.

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity) OverDestiny

Target 1 "Destiny HERO" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Destiny HERO" monster from your Deck whose Level is less than or equal to half of that target's Level. The Special Summoned monster is destroyed during the End Phase of this turn.

I like this card, it has a solid effect and has never really been ran in any Destiny HERO variant I've seen. I like this in here because getting targets I need into the Graveyard is pretty damn easy with Ravine, Foolish and Destiny Draw. A free Doom Lord onto the field to sweep a scary monster away is pretty nice. Works well with Transmodify as well.

I would run Over Destiny anywhere's from 0-2 depending on how many Doom Lords you run.

D.D Turbo (Destiny Dragunity) 1034296

Send 1 face-up monster you control to the Graveyard; Special Summon from your Deck, 1 monster with the same Type and Attribute as that monster in the Graveyard, but 1 Level higher. You can only activate 1 "Transmodify" per turn.

Anybody remember when this card came out and it was incredibly overhyped and overpriced ($70+) and then in a couple weeks it dropped to like $5? This makes your Doom Lords into Diamond Dudes and Legionnares (If being ran) into Dux.

I would run this from 0-2. I like the card but it's pretty situational and doesn't do much but keep you from losing field presence (and from the deck Diamond Dudes) after using Over Destiny.

Cards to consider:

Dragunity Legionnare
Dragunity Aklys
Glow-up Bulb (without a doubt)
More abusable normal spells if Over Destiny and Transmodify are being swapped out.
More Chicken Games? I don't mind it but I could see it being ran from 0 or 3.
Less Doom Lords/Phalanx/-1 Dux for more Spells
Reinforcement Of The Army (for sure)
Magical Stone Excavation
Small Acacia
Small Acacia
Obelisk BLue
Obelisk BLue

Contribution : 58
Warning : No warning

Back to top Go down